Chelation Therapy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelation Therapy

Has Anyone tried Chelation therapy, or had there children tested for heavy metal poisoning?

There have been some incredible successes with autism.

What about omega-3 any notable results.

new at this

Thank you

Chelation Therapy

I don't believe we have much information on Chelation Therapy.

What is the claimed benefit in connection with Tourette Syndrome and what is the source of the claim?
    Steve
    TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Chelation Therapy

chelation therapy is VERY controversial when not being used for actual heavy metal poisoning and there have been no actual studies indicating its usefulness outside of that, just some anecdotal stuff, as far as I know.
      If you type "autism chelation therapy controversy" into Google, you'll get lots of info. I've never heard of ANY supposed benefit for TS. ????

I've read that there are preliminary studies which indicate that Omega-3 may be helpful for depression, but as far as I know, no full-out studies have been completed yet, but I imagine they're in the works.

HTH

Comment

Chelation Therapy

Thanks for the info, Haejinn 8) :D
        Steve
        TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Chelation Therapy

No one knows for certain what causes autism, but one theory ? chelation? has ignited an intense debate. Now, one scientist wants to put that theory to the test. In a desperate quest for answers, he is using his scientific know-how to test the controversial therapy

MSNBC and NBC News look at the issues surrounding autism the theories behind its dramatic increase and some of the treatments.

Articles on Chelation Therapy and Autism from MSNBC
          Steve
          TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Chelation Therapy

Steve:

It will be interesting what the findings will be. In some areas with spills, bad water due to chemical plants etc. higher rates of children have been born with Autism.

The therapy that is being discussed I have never heard of for TS and as for Autism I would not be certain of the benefits.

In Asheville NC there is a Doctor that has been using it for over 20 years to assist cancer patients in their recovery after being told they were terminal. I am not sure what they odds are with diet change or if his success rates have ever been published. A nurse friend of mine worked for him for many years.

Interesting topic.
            PJK

Comment

Working...
            X