Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting Risperdal

Hi everyone!!!

I haven't been in here since the beginning of July. This summer has been crazy... in a good way!!! We have been keeping busy and went on 2 holidays. The boys and I went back to Manitoba to visit family and friends from my hometown. Then a couple of weeks ago, my husband, sons, and myself went to Calgary and we went to the Zoo. It was great!!!

Chase had his 1st appt with Dr Carroll today. It went VERY WELL!!! We are going to start the Risperdal and see how that works out. This is the first medication Chase will be on. Dr Carroll said it should help with his anxiety and his tics.

Just wondering what everyone's opinion and experiences with Risperdal were?
    CRYSTAL

Re: starting Risperdal

Hi there

welcome back and I am envious of the two holidays you've had

As I have shared before two of my boys have been on this medication for several years. they are closely monitored by our doctor and it has been a positive experience.

Keep track of the impact that it makes, extremely small doses can made huge impacts with some people. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

We have had good results with risperdal for controlling rage and have used it off and on for almost 5 years.

In our case the weight gain and enlargement of breasts is a problem. These are side effects you should watch for.
      Last edited by mom2TSguy; September 3, 2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips. I am watching Chase closely and we see Dr Carroll again in OCt.
        CRYSTAL

Comment

Chase is doing better on the Risperdal and he's not as tired. I am so glad I have this forum to fall back on.
          CRYSTAL

Comment

That's great Crystal! How is the school year going for Chase so far?

Comment

I have been on risperdal for awhile but we are trying to cut it back, in fact we have cut it back exponentially because my doctor is worried that it is increasing my sugar levels and I am diabetic but it has worked well for me but I don't need it as much hope it works out well

Comment

Chase is doing very well. He likes grade 3 and he's not as anxious... YAY!!!!
                CRYSTAL

Comment

Yes I am hoping Chase won't have to be on MEDS forever. I wonder how long people have to take their MEDS for... hmmmm I think I will post that question now. LOL!!!
                  CRYSTAL

Comment

Has anyone ever know risperidal to increase tics? My sons vocal tics have exploded in the last month and he's been on risperidal for 6 weeks. The school is saying its the meds but I believe it's just good timing.
                    Thanks, Jenn

Comment

Risperdal increased severity of my condition everytime i tried it. I'm beginning to think no medication works for me

Comment

My daughter has been on Resperidone for a year. I have had three different doctors and they all have kept her on it. Watch what dosage they use because it works for tics better in low doses my daughters specialest said.

Comment

Chases Mom I think your husband works with my brother. Do you live in Whitecourt? Can we meet if you do? My brother is an operator in Whitecourt.

Comment

Chase is now off risperidal because it didn't seem to do anything for his tics. He is on Prozac for his anxiety and so far so good. THe Dr said in his case, lowering his anxiety may lower the number of tics and it has a bit.

Chase was also on a low dosage: 0.75ml daily (he took the liquid).
                            CRYSTAL

Comment

sure I'd like to meet. It would be nice to talk to another parent about TS because I feel like I am the only one at times.
                              CRYSTAL

Comment

Working...
                              X