Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

Who do you see for TS?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who do you see for TS?

    What kind of medical person does one see for help with Tourette Syndrome? Is it only doctors?

  • #2
    Who do you see for TS?

    Welcome Nehpets

    It's great to have you join our bulletin board. Most people start withseeing their family doctor and then are referred onward.

    Have you seen anyone yet? Who do you suspect has TS?

    TSFC Homepage


    • #3
      Who do you see for TS?

      Usually you'll be referred to a psychiatrist or a neurologist who specializes in Tourette's and/or similar conditions.


      • #4
        Who do you see for TS?

        Because TS is a neurological disorder that affects behaviour, usually a neurologist specializing in movement disorders or psychiatrist with an interest in TS would be the authorities.

        That being said, there are many family physicians, pediatricians and psychologists with good experience with TS.

        Because TS cannot be diagnosed with a blood test or any other diagnostic test, the person suspected of having TS should be seen by a health professional with training in the disorder.

        Not all physicians have a professional interest in TS, so check with a local TS affiliate to point you toward recognized local resources.

        Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

        Tourette Canada Homepage
        If you enjoy the TC Forum, please consider a Tourette Canada membership
        Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum