Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

Cognitive Therapy for ADHD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cognitive Therapy for ADHD

Parents of children diagnosed with ADHD may want to consider their options for treatment.

One medical option might be:

Cognitive therapy as an alternative to ADHD drugs

Visit the following article for information:

Scientific American: Training the Brain ( BEHAVIOR ) ]

Then share your opinion with us.
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Homepage
    If you enjoy the TC Forum, please consider a Tourette Canada membership
    Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum

Cognitive Therapy for ADHD

The ability to tame symptoms via behavioral therapy and training suggests that many ADHD children may not need drugs. But both behavioral therapy and working memory training require diligence and patience from parents, teachers and therapists. That's not easy for a time-crunched society and far more laborious than popping a pill.
    This was a really good article and I wonder if as a parent with TS+ of kids with TS+, I have the executive functioning and patience to be able to follow through on this type of training on a consistent basis? If any of you with experiences in this area can tell me how you were successful in the follow through, I would love to hear about how you managed things.
    Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

Working...
    X