Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've learned to live with Tourette's so well I ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've learned to live with Tourette's so well I ...

... don't want a cure. For years James McConnel called the tics and twitches plaguing his life The Beast. But when he was finally diagnosed he decided he didn't want to tame it after all. James shared the following in his story.

My Tourette's is very noticeable, although I try to control it in public out of courtesy to other people.

However, now I accept my condition, sometimes I can't resist the urge for a good laugh. So I'll stand in a supermarket queue, allow myself a good old twitch and kicking session, and watch with amusement as little old ladies stare at me in total astonishment.

When I was younger I never imagined that one day I would be able to laugh so heartily, but now I see the whole thing as very amusing. And I make sure other people see the funny side, too.
    You can read the Full Story and share your thoughts on how this man has learned to live with his symptoms.
    Janet

TSFC Homepage

I can understand why he would not want a cure.

He is so use to his tics and obsessions that he takes comfort in the routine.

It is good to know that his life has a happy ending and he is at peace with his TS. Steph

Comment

I enjoyed reading his story because I can relate to his attitude. I like to have fun with our TS in our family too. I encourage my oldest to see the fun side to having Tics and we often look for every opportunity to poke fun at ourselves... it often relaxes people around us when they see that we are okay with it all.
      Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

Inspiring....
        thanx
        ~Alley

Comment

Working...
        X