The fine line the parent walks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fine line the parent walks

We had an incident yesterday trying to buy clams at the grocery store. There was a certain type of clam for sale that grossed us both out. But the person with OCD was then not able to eat dinner.

The parent walks such a fine line. On the one hand, I feel a lot of empathy for his suffering, but on the other hand, it's not therapeutic ("good for him") to protect him too much from the things that trigger his OCD. I'm supposed to allow him to be exposed gradually to the things that pique the OCD; it's hard to know how much is too much, and how much is just right. I guess one could call this the parental version of Just Right OCD. That is my intrusive thought.

I have successfully produced an apostrophe! (Maybe because I rebooted my computer yesterday.) Let's see if I can get some other features to work. Gary, since there's apparently no one else for me to test with, can you dialogue with me, and then I can try quoting you?

Comment

Quoting me! I have nothing much to say... Still no thanks and/or likes option,,, at least there's one smiley that works.
      I really can't wrap my mind around the fact the admins have not done or posted anything in all this time. Without even updates in the moderator or MVP section you and I are simply left in the dark since the switch. There aren't many features working here sadly
      Gary
      "If at first you don't succeed....
      CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

I have nothing much to say
        Let's see if I can get the quote to work.

I forgot to tell you, I tried clicking where it says "contact us" (bottom right) when my apostrophes, etc., were killing all my posts. Nothing happened. So sad.

Comment

Okay, now I'm going to experiment with an attachment.

The tic checklist that I found at the Tourette Canada website before it was <s>decimated</s> revamped a couple years ago:

Vocal Tics.pdf

Motor Tics.pdf
          Attached Files
          Last edited by aparente001; September 29, 2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aparente001 View Post

Let's see if I can get the quote to work.

I forgot to tell you, I tried clicking where it says "contact us" (bottom right) when my apostrophes, etc., were killing all my posts. Nothing happened. So sad.
            Capture.JPG

works for me get a contact form clicking on the link

clicking on bottom right corner of attachment also zooms in or out that seems to work...

Seems like we have our own little chat room LMFO

edit again: not really funny though when you think of it.
            Gary
            CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

Tricky. And the results are not beautiful -- I don't like the redundancy and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Comment

Tricky. And the results are not beautiful -- I don't like the redundancy and I don't know how to get rid of it.
                oh well don't look at me LOL I have no PDFs to attach

edit: I think we are not following proper forum posting procedures.
                Gary
                CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

works for me get a contact form clicking on the link
                  I get the form, but the fact is that I filled it out at least a week ago but no one seems to be monitoring.

Now I will try flagging a post to request moderator intervention. I will flag my own.

Excuse to flag: something outrageous, let's see, [generic insult of someone's mother]

Comment

I get the form, but the fact is that I filled it out at least a week ago but no one seems to be monitoring.

Now I will try flagging a post to request moderator intervention. I will flag my own.

Excuse to flag: something outrageous, let's see, [generic insult of someone's mother]
                    Oh that;s priceless.... tooo funny
                    Gary
                    CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

Doesn't it feel like the world came to an end here and there's just you and me here
                      Gary
                      CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

I think we are not following proper forum posting procedures.
                        I don't understand.

Comment

Doesn't it feel like the world came to an end here and there's just you and me here
                          Nice rubble, here, don't you think?

Comment

But since you're the only moderator left... wouldn't it be up to you to do something if a post was flagged? I'm just a little MVP here
                            Gary
                            CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

I don't understand.
                              Well we're in the general support and advice ... I guess we're seeking general advice ?!?!?!?!?!?
                              Gary
                              CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

Working...
                              X