Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

A very special message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very special message

Hello All

My name is Brian Wilen.

I'm part of a board of individuals who plan events for the youth during our annual Tourette Syndrome Conferences.

GO MONTREAL 2005!

I'm 19, and live in British Columbia.

I would like to personally invite any Youth or parents to e-mail me at BrianWilen@shaw.ca

I would be most happy to give parents a look into my experience with TS and see what a child saw. I was a child once, we all were!

And for all the youth, feel free to e-mail me, I know what your going through and I can help, I've been there!

Also I would like to mention that TS has been a part of my life. It has brought good and bad situations, but in the end if I could choose to get rid of it, I wouldn't. It has made me who I am today, and that is something I never want to change.

For you parents out there, I was once a child. It was my loving and understanding parents that helped me deal with my dissorder. You are the greatest tool your child can have, no medication can do any better that two loving and supportive parents.

My hats off to you parents out there!

Again, my e-mail box is always available so please drop me a line if you want to talk.

Remember folks, coprolalia can be usefull, try going to a baseball game when you know a team is going to lose.

Sincerely,

Brian Wilen
    ~ Brian Wilen ~

A very special message

Hats off to you Brian! As a parent of a 14 yr old boy, I'm so impressed by your positive message! My son struggles daily with his symptoms but is just beginning to realize that he WILL survive and get through whatever he needs to, to have a healthy, happy life! I'm sure once he reads your post that he'll appreciate your comments, and truly belive that as his parents, we are not BIAS by telling him the same things are possible! Thanks so much for your wonderful message!

Comment

Working...
    X