TS Awareness Wrist Bands now available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Awareness Wrist Bands now available

The new TS awareness wrist bands are available through the TSFC. The bands are green and have the wording "TIC TOGETHER".

A picture is available on the TSFC website.

Ordering information is available here.
    Cathy
    Forum Moderator

excellent ! i love the wristbands
    just a shame that i am in the uk,i wonder if the TSA(UK) will also have these soon :?:
    i might post on the message board and ask
    :D
    jo

Comment

They will ship overseas -- I just don't know how much it will add to the cost. I have sent a message to ask and will let you know.

Maybe you can start a new fashion trend!
      Cathy
      Forum Moderator

Comment

thanks for your reply cathy
        i have posted on our TSA (UK) board about them
        not had an answer yet though,
        in teh link you gave i think it says that they will ship internationally at an extra cost of $10 but that would work out expensive if i am only ordering wristbands,i may have to order hundreds to make it worthwhile !! lol
        jo

Comment

ok,the TSA(UK) have replied and they cannot do these wrist bands due to lack of funds as they are not funded by the government,shame :?
          but i know there are lots of people here who want them
          maybe we could place a larger order to make it worthwhile
          would this be possible?
          i have had a look on your order form and for 5 wristbands it costs $17 plus $10 shipping so that works out (according to a currency converter) at ?12.50 which would be ?2.50 per band
          on a larger order it would bring the price down a bit
          jo

Comment

I'll send this request for info along to the office and have them contact you directly with details and to answer your questions. I'll also post a general follow-up in case this is of interest to others.
            Cathy
            Forum Moderator

Comment

great,thankyou
              jo

Comment

i was just wondering if anyone had any idea of how long the bracelets take to be delivered?
                i'm in the toronto area if that helps?

Comment

We cannot find out until Tuesday when the national office re-opens. You may find out quicker by calling the National Office at 1-800-361-3120 or 416-861-8398

If you are close to the downtown area, you may be able to pick it up to get it even faster.

If you find out before we do, would you let us know please?

Glad to see you back on the Forum!
                  Steve
                  TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

I ordered a batch on Monday and they were here by Friday. Orders are usually handled pretty quickly.

As Steve said, if you are in downtown Toronto you can save shipping charges by picking them up at the National office.
                    Cathy
                    Forum Moderator

Comment

i oredered mine yesterday,dont know how long they will take to get here in the UK though,my husband said as they are green he doesnt mind wearing one :roll: just need to find 5 kids and 5 adults to wear them now,or i could wear them all myself,lol
                      jo

Comment

hey...i was just wondering if you have bought the bracelets, who do you give them to to wear...i gave one to my sister and she hasnt worn it yet maybe because she is ashamed to, i dont kno??? do u hav any tips on what to say to people to get them to wear the bracelets?
                        anyways, i really like them and was wondering also if the funds raised were goin to the foundation to fund research or something?

Comment

Hi there

I think it is great that you have bought the bracelets and gave your sister one. With all the different bracelets available it is about raising awareness.

What did you say to your sister when you gave it to her? Does she have any others that she wears ie yellow (live strong) or red (aids or heart and stroke)?

I have found that some people buy them just to help with the aspect of fund raising while others like to have them to show their support to the cause. People wear them for fashion jewlery too, you will see some people wearing several colors at the same time.
                          Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

My younger son started wearing one and his friends are clamouring for them. It seems to be a fashion item. Lots of teens are trying to collect as many different types as possible. They know where each bracelet they wear is from, though, so there is an awareness spreading in a whole different way.
                            Cathy
                            Forum Moderator

Comment

well i am at a loss to as to who to give them too,lol, as no one knows i have TS,i might just keep them as they do perish after a while so i will be able to wear one for longer if i have replacements,my husband is going to wear one,and my kids,although they dont know about me either yet,lol, this will be fun !!
                              jo

Comment

Working...
                              X