Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about Tourette

Have you ever heard this said?

" Norton said. "People have actually told me I must not have Tourette's because I don't swear, but only a small percentage of people do that."
    Norton writes about the truth about living with TS in this Article. Check it out and let us know what you think.
    Janet

TSFC Homepage

The truth about Tourette

Janet:

I have found that most people around me think you must have this part of the disorder to actually have TS.

When you explain TS does not center around saying inappropriate words they seem shocked. :shock:

We have a lot of work a head of us.. 8)
    PJK

Comment

The truth about Tourette

It is true that the media sensationalizes this symptom as the defining symptom of TS. People like Norton excite me when they take the initiative to step up and tell their story so the public can see the truth.
      Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

The truth about Tourette

There is no doubt that the media and the entertainment industry sensationalize Tourette Syndrome as the "swearing disease".

Any search on the internet for news articles on Tourette Syndrome prove your point.

Perhaps we should maintain a list of the 10 worst examples of media portrayal of Tourette Syndrome :roll:
        Steve
        TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

The truth about Tourette

All jokes aside, that would be a great little project. WOW, where would we start?

I would love to challenge some of the BB members to get that going.
          Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

The truth about Tourette

I'd start with Niagra, Niagra. Anyone watching THAT would think we're all unpredictable, violent, potential murderers!

Comment

The truth about Tourette

WOW

okay then Haejinn, your submission ranks #1 unless someone can beat it
              Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

The truth about Tourette

I'd like to see 'em try. :P

LOL!

Comment

Working...
                X