Stand up for no.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand up for no.....

Does anybody here sometimes stand up and walk for no reason at all. Ok, let me explain. A lot of times when Im watching TV, at certain points I will stand up and walk to my kitchen and when I get there I think, why did I come in here. And I do it all the time. I have noticed that it happens at specific points during the show but I havent pin pointed at what time.
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Stand up for no.....

Adam

This happens to me. It used to happen most often at work but not so much at work these days. I have caught myself jumping to my feet as if on a mission to go somewhere and someone in my office would ask "where are you going?" and I would stop and think, I have no idea! They would laugh and i'ld just say I guess it was my ADD. As I read this post my oldest son came into the room and read your comments and share... that happens to me too! especially when I'm watching TV...hummm!
    Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

Stand up for no.....

See, I was tested for ADD and ADHD and was told I had no major symptoms or signs. And it only happens when I watch TV. I just feel weird coming back in the room if there are other people there cause I will bring nothing back and Im sure they are thinking why did you get up?
      The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Comment

Stand up for no.....

I pace around my apartment all the time. It's probably my ADD... I'm just not good at sitting still. Sometimes at work I need to get up and take a walk also.
        Colin

Comment

Stand up for no.....

It could be that something you are watching has stressed you out a bit.

A defense to protect you so you do not have to watch anymore?

I've caught myself doing it and have never been diagnosed with anything.

But watching my behavior closer I found that things on TV set me off or rub me wrong or I just become impatient with the show.

I walk to the kitchen, straighten up a bit and return on a commercial.

It may not be a disorder that is causing it as much as what you are watching.

What does someone else think?
          PJK

Comment

Stand up for no.....

I do it when I'm watching things like Friends and Family Guy. I like those shows, and they don't offend me at all. I also do it at work, or when I'm at the computer. I also used to have problems sitting through dinner as a kid.
            Colin

Comment

walking around

Hi

I too do the same thing. At work, i pace a lot. I cant sit still at all. I do it at home too. so does my sone. Its like wandering around aimlessly. :D
              Tammy

Comment

Stand up for no.....

Adam, How were you tested for ADD and ADHD? Also who did the testing? Steph

Comment

Stand up for no.....

When I was diaognosed with TS, the neurologist had me come back in to check for those. And I do now (not back then) have some friends with ADD and ADHD and I can tell I dont have it, I cant sit still cause I twitch but I can concentrate on one thing. They have a hard time concentrating on one thing for a longer period of time.

As far as who did the testing, it was the same doctor that diagnosis for TS and I think there was a child development person there too but I was way too young to remember or know what was going on.

Comment

Stand up for no.....

I have been hearing recently that there is only officially ADHD now, because doctors have discovered that we all have a little ADD in us. Now doctors are only diagnosing ADHD. Can anyone give me further insight into this? I am curious to know, although I am not affected by it personally.
                    Steph
                    ~be a miracle~

Comment

Stand up for no.....

I understood it as now being called either "ADHD" or ADHD non-attentive type" (in other words ADHD without the H). ??? to say we all have a little ADD in us is like saying we all have some OC behaviors and so we should no longer diagnose people with OCD. so that couldn't make sense.. ???
                      why they changed the names? I have no idea and was wondering too. :D

Comment

Stand up for no.....

Please have a look at this posting which provides the current diagnostic criteria for ADHD
                        Steve
                        TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Stand up for no.....

Thanks Steve, but I still don't get why they did away with the term ADD and now call it ADHD (but without the H)... *confused*

Comment

Stand up for no.....

Haejinn,

I don't know either and was unable to receive more elaboration at this time on consulting one of my resources.

Since the DSM IV is used as the diagnostic tool by physicians, let's use it as our guide, while continuing to research the variations in the labels.

It's an interesting point to pursue.
                            Steve
                            TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Stand up for no.....

I asked some of my instructors today at school if they stopped diagnosising ADD and if it is now just ADHD.

They said it wasn't true.

They still diagnosis ADD and they wondered about the accuracy of the information.

They told me to not believe everything I read. Steph

Comment

Working...
                              X