Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

My Legal Issue - Criminal Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Legal Issue - Criminal Law

From about last December or January, I went to my family doctor(GP) about feeling my neuro coming worse as I felt the tension, anxiety and stuff increasing. I asked for medication but was told that I was bad enough for it.

Well, without a hint of warning, my TS has become an issue due to being charged for Unlawful Common Assault which is a criminal charge. I have no violence history, no criminal history, not even a speeding fine. Until now, I was on nobody's records as a person of concern.

I have been charged for allegedly assaulting my 5yo daughter. I know I was with her at the time of this alleged incident but I don't have full memory. There are a lot of blanks. I have not seen her as I've had to move out and have no contact in any way whatsover with all of my four children.

Now the child welfare mob are harrassing my wife constantly by intimidating her into saying that I belt up too. Ridiculous! My wife told me that they are demonising me all the time and belittling TS, saying that it's just an excuse. One of these child welfare thieves told me over the phone that TS doesn't have memory symptoms.

I have emailed the Tourettes Association of Australia who replied quickly with good information including reports written by two professors.

Re: My Legal Issue - Criminal Law

What is the question exactly? How can we help?

Comment

Originally posted by Xelebes View Post
      What is the question exactly? How can we help?
      Not sure if I'm asking anything really. I was more letting out my emotions I believe.

The Child Protection lot have contacted the hospital and now know that there is something wrong with me. They say that the doctors have not diagnosed me with anything at all including TS. I didn't think to tell them that the psychiatrist told me of an exercise for the head for the tics.

They're saying they think I could have schizophrenia. I don't know as it is confusing and I don't trust these women. They make out that the kids are **** scared of me but on the phone speaking to me this evening, all four of them told me that they love me, miss me and want to come back home with mummy and daddy.

I must say that the Tourettes Association of Australia is being really good with the information they are sending me. I will have to attach the pdf files in a seperate thread. If I can attach pdf files, that is.

Speaking with my mother this evening, she told me that when I was quite young, there was a time when I suddenly stopped talking and when I was asked a question, I would draw pictures and show them. No doctors would take my mother seriously at all.

Thank you for your response.

Comment

The Parent's Guide (found on this website under resources) is good and has info. Do you normally 'blank out' when you rage? My 13 year old son can't remember some things when he is raging. I have found some info on the internet.

I think you also might want to look at your history (ie. do you normally rage, is it unusual, what brought it on, etc., etc.). I understand the aspect of Tourette Plus but also you want to make sure that you are always as appropriate as possible with your children regardless of the diagnosis. If there is something that you can do for yourself that will help your whole situation, I think you should look at it.

Hopefully, this info is taken in the way that it is meant. I want everyone who has Tourette to be successful and to lead their best life in the healthiest way that they can. Good luck!!

Jenny

Comment

Thankyou Jenny.

If this is a 'rage attack', then it would be my first one as I have no violence in my past. Those who I have had to tell about this are all very surprised and say that I'm a peaceful and kind person. My family doctor appeared to be quite shocked.

Comment

During this week, I found myself getting some vague memory of this assault. This morning though, I lay on the lounge feeling tired but unable to sleep when my mind just started swirling busily and what do you know, I'm remembering the morning like watching some tape being played.

I went over and over it in my head and realised that I my brain decided to function and stop blocking. It was my anxiety stuffing my around and making everything worse. Much worse than it should be.

Yes, my daughter did get a bruise or two but it certainly was not made how they painted it to me. My wife and I have been here feeling distraught that I had done something monster like to our daughter when it wasn't.

It was simply a matter of disciplining my daughter who fought me all the way. There are a couple things I did that I never do and which I should not have done which is unlike me but I am thinking it is depression. No, it was a TS involved factor, thankfully.

I have been assessed by the local Mental Health Unit and will see the psychiatrist in a couple weeks and I saw the neurologist today who by the way, has a differing opinion on my having TS though not fully decided.

My court date, the committal is on Monday, 18 May. I have met the lawyer and no what I am doing. I am pleading guilty but will show what triggered the arguement with my daughter which wasn't started how I thought it was.

I am working on this not happening again. This is unlike me what I did. Atleast it wasn't what they said it was. They told me I tried to choke the poor girl but it wasn't. It was a matter of her pulling away from me while I held the towel around her which hurt her neck. Had I noticed that it was hurting her neck, I would have released the towel.

I still feel guilty over all this but angry that I allowed these child protection workers(angry women with issues) let me think that i was some mad monster. Their behaviour and jackboot manner has affected the whole family.

Comment

It appears as if the CPS are trying to use TS as a mental illness. The neurologist told me the other day that while research shows that TS is neurological, there are those who refuse to acknowledge all the research and think it is a mental health issue.

Well, I now have a Psychiatrist and Neurologist backing me on this. Don't know where the Clinincal Psychologist is going on this just yet.

Comment

The "storms" of TS+ are definitely neurological. I call them "seizures" - and I'm serious about that. You're not the only one that has the storms, and the memory losses are real - although not the same for all of us.

Bottom line: keep doing what you must to be the parent of your children, and good luck!
                Darin M. Bush, The Tourette Tiger, author of "Tiger Trails"
                http://www.facebook.com/tourettetiger

Comment

The Clinical Psychologist is not accepting mental health issue. There was also no 'rage attack'. My anxiety level went through the roof and stayed there for some days after the police questioning, not allowed to see the kids, made to think that I had belted one of my children black & blue as well as dragging and kicking through the house.

Not one of the kids says I that I have done such things. One of the children misunderstood a couple things that went on such as when the young girl refused to walk, was translated as dragging her through the house. Well, you can't leave a child standing in a puddle of urine and I'm certainly not going to carry a child with urine on them unless necessary.

No kicking, no pushing, no kid's body covered in bruises and a swollen nose. They CPS mob pushed not talking to the kids about it. Well, the court dismissed the case and so I asked them. They have no idea what I'm talking about with bruising and swollen nose. The creatures in CPS are lying, hence their reason for not taking it to court - under Queensland Law(state in Australia), they only have to show and prove their case if its in court. Otherwise, they can say what they damn well like and write anything in a file against you and, you can't access it, you can't challenge it. Welcome to Gender Fascism!

Comment

Very sorry about all that. When I went through divorce and custody, my ex made up stuff to try and manipulate me. She was not given any consequence for making stuff up. Sad really.
                    Darin M. Bush, The Tourette Tiger, author of "Tiger Trails"
                    http://www.facebook.com/tourettetiger

Comment

Working...
                    X