Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

Quack Alert!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quack Alert!

Wow! What a QUACK! You're not gonna believe this guy! I just went to see a DAN! doctor here in Vancouver. I want to share what happened in hopes that I can save someone else time, money, and effort.

So I get there, and they want my $55 upfront. OK, fine, whatever. That's fair. I go into the doctor's little room and the minute he says "Hi" I can hear it in his voice - phoney as heck and overplaying the nice act. We sit down and he asks why I'm there. I tell him that I'm certain I have SID. He asks very generically, "What's been going on?" I tell him I was diagnosed with TS at age 7, I've always had some serious sensory issues but nobody ever put the pieces together till now, and now I'm starting to have problems severe enough that I have trouble leaving the house. He is totally uninterested in my past medical history - other than wondering if I was sexually abused as a child. He says, "Do you have any MEMORY of being sexually abused as a child?" As if I'm repressing it and may not have a memory of an act that surely happened. I'm stunned at such a irrelevant question and I tell him no, definitely not. He looks at me like he doesn't believe a word I'm saying to him and says, "Well, most people who have problems come on suddenly like this were sexually abused as children." OK, first of all, I told him that this didn't come on suddenly, that I've had problems my whole life. Secondly, WHAT KINDA FREUDIAN CRAP IS THAT??? GIVE ME A BREAK! So he says to try this powder supplement and it might reduce my anxiety. He says, "Other than that, there's nothing more I can do for you. I think you need to see a psychiatrist and get a lot of counselling." WHAT?? Swear to god, the guy is totally convinced I was sexually abused as a kid. I can't even figure out why he thinks this. I said about 5 sentences to him about sensory things that bothered me (traffic, smells, foods), and he is suddenly convinced I was molested. Obviously the man had a Freudian agenda before I even walked into his office. OH! And at one point I told him that I could only eat a few foods, and he actually says, "What does that have to do with anything?" GEEZ! The man knows NOTHING about SID, autism, OCD, nothing! Everyone knows that food is often an issue in all of those things. Unbelievable.

So that was a wasted $55. I'm quite upset about it, kuz I'm very OCD when it comes to spending money.

Quack Alert!

Outch, that must hurt! Freud has been pretty much discredited in the past few years, he was a total quack (not to mention a heroin addict) himself. His theories are total nonsense. This doctor should have his licence revoked.

If anybody ever asks me for the name of a doctor in your area I'll be sure to tell them not to go to this guy.

Hope letting off steam here helped your frustration a little.

Take care,

Ursula
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Comment

Working...
    X