Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

Are you set for summer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you set for summer?

Summer holidays are starting and many of our kids are finding the change in routine, or the lack of structure in the summer hard to deal with.

Do you impose a routine for your kids over the summer?

What activities have you involved your child in that worked out well (or didn't work out well)?
    Cathy
    Forum Moderator

Are you set for summer?

Cathy

This is a great question. I'ld be interested in knowing what parents do too.

In the past I have tried 2 different routes.
    When all 4 boyz were needing childcare we had tried daycare and that worked but we first tried having someone at home(a nanny) with them and it was too challenging for her mostly because of having three different ages groups.

This year Ryan is 13 and obviously childcare is not an option. So the younger 3 are going to daycare for the structured activities and the routine (just 3 days a week) but I'ld like to know what parents do to keep their teens entertained for the summer. To date when we are not here, he's been sleeping till 1 or 2 pm... then the day is gone.

Looking forward to the sharing of experiences.
    Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

Working...
    X