Howdy youthfuls!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy youthfuls!

I was just wondering how many youth out there are using the website to get info and to chat?

Howdy youthfuls!

well,,, i am one youth,, i am 16 years old.. and just found this site.

any others??

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

i guess im another youth too...im 15

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

Welcome to the TS Forum! Feel free to join in any discussions or start one of your own.

For your own safety, do not post personal information like your address or telephone number.

What is your particular interst in Tourette? Do you have a family member with the disorder or has the doctor told you that you might have it?
        Steve
        TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

i was diagnosed when i was 7

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

Originally posted by olivier
            well,,, i am one youth,, i am 16 years old.. and just found this site.

any others??
            how old were you when you were diagnosed? are you currently taking any medications for tourettes other than orap?

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

I'm not a teen any more but I do run a youth group FOR teens with TS and associated disorders. I was diagnosed when I was 14 and took almost every medication I can think of at one point or another, I'm no longer taking any meds and I'm 22 now. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

to teen with ticks

i was diagnosed when i was 8 or 7.. so its mean we were diagnose at about the same time..

yes i am currently taking clorindine.. or something like that... i dont know the name.. my father and mother take care of thing like that..

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

Would you mind telling us what meds you used and why you are off them now. Do you not need any or was it your choice to come off meds. I am sorry if I sound out against meds. It is just my frustrations of not knowing exactly what is wrong with my son other than being told possible Tourettes, ADHD and OCD. and now maybe anxiety.

Rose

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

hmm.. well i think the reason she isnt on meds *srry if its not that* is because some people *50/50* at the age of 18-19, the tick just dissapear.. and i think its would be useless to take meds after that.

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

Hello to jezabel, teenwithtics and olivier

I am wondering what happened to you guys and gals. I would love to hear what has been happening with you all since May. Three months have passed and you all must have great summer experiences to share or even perhaps how you are feeling about the upcoming school year as it quickly approaches.

If you are still popping in for a visit, please drop us an update to find out what our youth are up to these days.

I have TS and I have 4 sons. My 2 oldest have been diagnosed with TS and I bet if this forum got started again I could encourage my oldest who is 13 to participate.

I look forward to new activity in this forum.
                      Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

Hey Jezabel

I am a 18 year old guy who is still taking meds. How did you get off them? Did the tourettes go away or do you learn to control them?

Quinn

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

Hi Quinn,

It's unlikely that Tourette will go away, even if medication is taken. Tourette Syndrome is not curable, but can sometimes be controlled either with medications or through temporary suppression.

Most medications are given to control some of the associated behaviors that accompany Tourette like Obsessive Compulsive Behavior or Attention Deficit. Temporary suppression or controlling one's tics works for a short time, but usually the tension builds up and you have to release the tics.

Suppression is a great thing to do in certain situations when you might not want to draw attention to your tics.

Are you taking medications now for your Tourette?
                          Steve
                          TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

Woah! Be careful. I am very hopeful on Tourette's - for everyone - but you have to watch out before you make blanket statements. Hey, I know i do it too, please call me on it! :-)

The current statistic, coming from neurologists who study TS a whole bunch, like Harvey Singer, and which is verified by the social workers and the education folks (like my Mom - author of Teaching the Tiger), is that Tourette's (not TS+ - that's another issue) is split about evenly into thirds. 1/3 better, 1/3 worse (sorry), and 1/3 stay the same after puberty subsides.

Me, I am 36, and my TS is likely worse, but only a bit, compared to when I was 18. I was diagnosed when I was 22, so that whole "it goes away at 18" thing don't float.

As for ADHD and OCD, sensory issues, and executive issues, no help at age 19. Actually, as life gets more complicated, these issues have MORE of an impact, without actually being worse. The good news for us "old ticcers" is that we no longer have to worry about medications 'stunting our growth'. Thank the Universe for small favors.
                            Darin M. Bush, The Tourette Tiger, author of "Tiger Trails"
                            http://www.facebook.com/tourettetiger

Comment

Howdy youthfuls!

Hi everyone, I'm 14 and I was diagnosed in Grade 5. I don't take any meds for TS but I have been taking vitamins to help with stress. Gotta go.

Comment

Working...
                              X