student jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student jobs

Just wondering if any of the teens who are members of our forum applied for jobs this summer. I would love to hear about any work experiences you have had.
    Janet

TSFC Homepage

student jobs

Hey - this summer I was a camp councilor for this program called "Kids at Conference".. I wasnt really excited to work with kids.....ya there cute and all but uggh. All I thought on the first day was i hope i dont get pre-k, b/c its like the imaginary age were they wanna play those imaginary games that bore me to death! But I got pre-k...and omg i fell inlove with every1 single1 of them! Aww I miss um they won over my heart and I walked away with totally different level of appreciation for kids. OK im totally hav kids! Its so amazing to watch them learn so fast in such a way adults never could. All so unique..It was so interesting observing them. I use to think most kids to this and that b/c of traits but no...i was amazed its influence. As 4 tics it was obvious but i didnt tell any1. I got in the hugest fight with this lady though! :P It wuz this christian lady who came in and tought the kids this jesus song, country working up a sweat..Yeah it wuz interesting..Anyways she called the kids "half hearted" b/c they werennt singing loud enough 4 jesus. Then she told them they were "lukewarm" christians and they needed to be hott christians. And she points to me preeching about how i need to influence the love of chist to these poor innocent children!!! She says "wut are you?". I said "BUUUR ice cold christian". and ppl were like really upset and I was liek SO UPSET and kinda told her off :P ...It was so FUNNNY she put her hand on me and said "i kno...i kno its just a cry out 4 help"...and i guess ppl werent sure how i was gunna take it. but i just drop dead started laughing so hard. And she asked if she could put her hands on me to stop my tics. and I was like. NO...lol. So like my beliefs really collided with the programa nd staff. I just feel so bad 4 those kids....Anyways i think the staff was upset with me but i dont regret a thing I did. They moved me to 1rst - 3rd and they were hard and annoying. THE END :P
    Alley

Comment

student jobs

Wow, this sounds like a real adventure. How long was the camp?
      Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

student jobs

sounds interesting I am looking forward to being able to get a job when I become 15

Comment

student jobs

i had a job for a year and one, had to miss a whole month because of ts, its nnot that the boss minded but it was me, when i have my crises, i tend to get in my room and stay there, i dont like being with people when i got ts , i tend to go te bed at 8 and wake up at the latest i can for all of the time >_<

Comment

student jobs

hmm you should try talking about it that helps a lot

Comment

student jobs

Bigwater:

I understand your situation and it does not help when your TS is full blown but it can actually be the cause for your TS becoming unmanageable at times.

Stress, anxiety and nonacceptance behavior can push anyone with TS to have increased tics but you can not give up.

The TS is part of you but is not "you". Once you feel better about yourself and your life begins to settle down you will find the TS is not such a major part of your life and it will settle down and slow you down from working.

It also helps to find a job you really like to do. Focus on your strengths and see if you can find something you enjoy doing. When you are an adult you will find that is the best way to have job that is actually a career and one you will stick with.
              PJK

Comment

student jobs

this is all so enlightining man I wanna job

Comment

student jobs

sorry that was me also

Comment

Working...
                  X