so annoying!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so annoying!!!!

does any of you find ts very annoying? cause i do!!

so annoying!!!!

i mean does anyone on here who has ts find it very annoying!!

Comment

so annoying!!!!

Have you been diagnosed with Tourette yourself, or is it someone you know?

What is it about Tourette that you find annoying?
      Steve
      TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

so annoying!!!!

Chantal

It can be frustrating for anyone to deal with or understand. Who is your question directed too? Family member? Yourself or a friend?

Let us know.
        PJK

Comment

so annoying!!!!

its to myself. sometimes i can barely consentrate. its annoying because when a tic occurs i'm like stop and i know i can't stop. but i'm like okay you can stop now. thats why find it annoying.

Comment

so annoying!!!!

Sometimes you just have to roll with it and let it take its cource.

I'm sure it is a pain because I see my son deal with it. At times it stops his life in his tracks and then it is over.

There are a number students on this forum, Steph is one of them. I am still trying to get my son to log in.

He does not always likes the chat or post even on MSN because he can loose his concentration or thought while typing.

You will find a number of people here on this forum that like you have TS. You will find that most share the same experiences and feelings you do. Its good to know you are not the only one. You may be able to pick up some tips on handling the tics that work to make life a little better.

My son counts backwards and breaths more focused. It seems to get the tic out without all the frustration and then it goes away easier sometimes. Being able to leave the classroom helps too. IF your teacher understands you have TS she can let you walk it off and come back to class feeling better.

Do you just have vocal tics you are dealing with?

My son has vocal and sometimes physical tics.

Either way, you will find people care on this forum and it helps to express how you feel.
            PJK

Comment

so annoying!!!!

Hi Chantal!

I'm the "Steph" PJK was referring to. I'm a teen--16 years old--and I only found out I have tourettes in September. So this whole thing is new for me, I have a hard time controlling the tics too, and I find it very annoying and frustrating too!

I have mainly physical tics--my worst one right now is frowning and then rolling my eyes upward. I know it looks stupid and that people often think I am rolling my eyes at them, or giving them a look of disgust, but I can't help it. I haven't really told anyone I have tourettes except my close friends and my basketball coach, so it looks weird to everyone else. This makes it even more frustrating and annoying, and so I know what you're feeling! My tourettes drives me insane!!

I have a few questions for you Chantal, just so I know where you're coming from. How old are you now and when did you get diagnosed? Are your tics vocal/physical? Have you told people about your tourettes?

Just a few things so I can know your situation better. So glad to have another youth on the forum!
              Steph
              ~be a miracle~

Comment

so annoying!!!!

hey steph,

i am 16. i was never offically diagnosed. but i know that i do have tourettes. i only have physical tics and they are very mild but some of them like my facial tics are very noticable. oh thank the lord that i don't have vocal. i've only told my guy friend who is only my friend if you know what i mean. i don't really like to share that i have tourettes.

Comment

so annoying!!!!

Hey Chantal

Wow, you sound just like me. I was never officially diagnosed either, but we know that I have Tourettes. We just figured it out this past Septemeber, and I too don't like telling anyone either--like I said before, just a few close friends.

My tourettes are also mild, but the facial tics are very noticable. I haven't had vocal tics in years, we only know I had them because when I was younger I would make a sort of quiet grunt noise or I would clear my throat.

I'm glad you are on this forum now though, it's great to have more teens on here! Out of curiostity, how did you find out about this forum? We're trying to get as many teens on here as we can, so knowing how you found out about it might help. Thanks!
                  Steph
                  ~be a miracle~

Comment

so annoying!!!!

i was searching the web for teens with tourettes and i found this forum.

what are your interests? what kind of music do you like to listen to?

i like to listen to vanessa paradis shes french and she has such a beautiful voice. i also like other types of music. except jazz and most of mexican music i think its called latin and theres some rap i don't like. i often like to draw or listen to music. my favorite school subject is french. believe it or not but its my easiest class i have. i can pass it in my sleep that its so easy. my interests are art, music, french/france, german/germany, and astronomy.

Comment

so annoying!!!!

My interests are mainly sports. Basketball (you can probably tell from my avatar) is my favourite sport and the one I spend the most time on (which is most of my time). I also love to throw javalin (for track and field) and discus, shot put, volleyball, and even badminton. But since I play basketball so much, most of my friends are basketball players too.

For music, I don't really have a favourite genre, I just generally like songs that touch me. So I guess those are usually country songs and whatnot because they tell a story or songs like Innocent by Our Lady Peace. But I'm pretty easy-going when it comes to music, so I will listen to pretty much anything.

I guess I don't really have a favourite school subject, but I like maths and sciences. I also take extended french, which is the high school version of french immersion (I don't know if you know what that is, because I don't know if you live in Canada/Ontario or not, but it's when half my day has been in french every year until highschool, and now I take certain courses in French like history, civics, careers, etc.) and I love french too.

I think astronomy is amazing. I don't really look into it, simply because I have so much to do and so little time, but I find the whole topic really interesting.

Anyways though, I have said a ton now, so I will stop and give you a chance to say some more.
                      Steph
                      ~be a miracle~

Comment

so annoying!!!!

no i live in kentucky, usa. so yeah your right i don't know what that is. anyways i like country but i'm not into it as much as i used to. but i do love country of the mid 80's and 90's. anyway did you see charlie and the chocolate factory. i love it! i bought the dvd last night at wal-mart. i am not into sports that much so offense. about astronomy i'm like you i bearly have enough time to look up on it. but it is amazing!!!

Comment

so annoying!!!!

I actually haven't seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--the new one at least. I saw the old one, but never got around to seeing the new one in theatres or now that its out on dvd. But the fourth Harry Potter movie just came out--did you go see it? I haven't had a chance to see it since it came out today and I couldn't go tonight (we are into basketball playoffs so I am busy with that most of the time). Are you into the whole Harry Potter thing? I loved the books and thought the movies were pretty good too. I am definitely excited to see the fourth movie when I get a chance!
                          Steph
                          ~be a miracle~

Comment

so annoying!!!!

i don't like harry potter that much. have you ever seen sleepy hollow? its one of my favorite movies. my tics have stressed me out today. oh my gosh talking about pressure.

Comment

so annoying!!!!

I have not seen sleepy hollow, what is it about? My tics have really been stressing me out lately too...we're into playoffs for basketball so the more stressed I get about that the worse they get. and we are going away for 4 days for all Ontario playoffs, and going away always stresses me out because I never have a time to be alone and release all my pent up tics. I am in a hotel room with one friend who knows, but the other girl in our room doesnt know, and i have a friend in each of the other rooms who know, but no one else does...so there isn't even a room I can go to to release them.....but oh well I guess we'll see how it goes. how have things been with you lately?
                              Steph
                              ~be a miracle~

Comment

Working...
                              X