Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

City or Nature?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City or Nature?

So if you were to plan a vaction for yourself and family, What would it involve? Would it be to forign city or tourest place or would it be camping in the nature park or relaxing in cabin? Whats your ideal vaction?
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

City or Nature?

That's a great topic! I'll be interested in hearing what others have to say because we are considering various options for our travel plans in retirement.

I wonder how fuel price increases will affect travel in years to come??
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Homepage
    If you enjoy the TC Forum, please consider a Tourette Canada membership
    Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum

Comment

City or Nature?

If money was not an issue, then travelling to foreign or tourists areas would be the choice.

I'ld love to beable to take my 4 boys to see the world. My husband and I got married in our mid 20's and with 4 kids we haven't had the chance to travel ourselves. Perhaps we'll buy a trailer some day and drive...we'll have to check out recycling cooking oil as a source of fuel :P
      Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

City or Nature?

Janet,

I wonder if international travel might become less attractive considering the terrorist threats we have seen escalate. Though there are no guarantees, an option may have to be staying on our own continent until this unfortunate situation gets under control.
        Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage
        Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum

Comment

City or Nature?

Valid point, but then again, by the time "money was not an issue" there may be peace on earth ... :D
          Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

City or Nature?

Many of us don't have the time to wait for world peace to plan our travel!
            Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage

Comment

City or Nature?

Adam:

It would have to be nature. I think we can get the best of both by traveling and then camping.
              We have put things like this off the last six years with so much happening and fact we had so many children. :D

Basic economics....LOL

Little day trips work for us and are short enough to manage with all the disorders. 8)
              PJK

Comment

City or Nature?

Well, as I have stated before, I am a city person. Whether its American or forign, I wanna go. Im just a people person, I need to be part of the crowd, not the whole crowd! lol
                The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Comment

City or Nature?

Adam,

Have you visited any cities in Canada?
                  Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage

Comment

City or Nature?

Ok, Im not sure really cause I was 7 when we went to niagra falls and I know we camped on the canadian side but not sure what the city name was. Otherwise nope. Actually, with the exception to my trips to NYC and the New England area, the average "forign" city I see is St Paul, MN. (I hate that city, the streets make no sense. You will drive past 5th street and you expect the next street to be either 6th or 4th street but no, its johnson ave or sunny boulavard and then the following street is 22nd street. Who designed that city, lol!) But yea, I need to travel more.

Comment

City or Nature?

I was in Niagara Falls this summer...and explored some areas I had not seen before.

You know, Adam, there is a Niagara Falls, Ontario in addition to a City of the same name in New York.

If you like travel and want to stay in North America, whic is my preference at this time, ther are loads and loads of great places.

Most of my friends are travellers and there is no experience to equal exploration of a new place.

What is your preferred type of accomodation? There are so many choices available today, with the internet providing many resources to bed and breakfasts, inns, cheap hotels, RV travel...whatever is your choice.
                      Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage

Comment

City or Nature?

City, definitely!!! I can handle nature for a few days, but I'd really prefer a more exciting vacation! Not that I've had one in like, FOREVER!!! Grrrr!!
                        ;)

Comment

City or Nature?

Nature, peace and quiet every time! I am autistic and hate places where there are too many people, and can be in a crowd only so long before I have to get away or risk sensory overload (which, in extreme cases may lead to total meltdown, I like to avoid that ).

So, I hate cities, parties, I can't stand sightseeing and stay away from tourist places. I like to find out how the people native to whatever place live. If I want to be with other Canadians I can stay in Canada.
                          German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Comment

City or Nature?

Hi Uschi!

So good to hear from you! Hope you continue to be well. Thanks for adding your avatar.

You make some good points, and choices of places to visit must be made with keeping ourselves comfortable and happy.

If I want to be with other Canadians I can stay in Canada
                            Or...you could travel to some parts of Florida, Texas, Arizona or Mexico in January where you'll find more Canadians than is Mississauga :P :lol:
                            Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage

Comment

Travelling

Hi

PEi is a nice place to visit. The saying is you set your clock ahaead an hour and your calander back ten years. HEHE. it is slow paced. the island is beautful in the fall.

I love going to ottawa. I would love to take my son to Niagra falls sometime. I love nature too. I used to live in Northeren Ontario. I miss the forests there. I spent a lot of time in the woods. I always felt content there.

Have a good one.

Tam
                              Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X