Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

Halloween Plans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Plans

If you are going out this Halloween, what's your costume going to be?

What are some of the cautions about Halloween kids need to be aware of?
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Homepage
    If you enjoy the TC Forum, please consider a Tourette Canada membership
    Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum

Halloween Plans

Mmmmmmmm, well, dad says Im a mistake so I might go as that! lol, j/k. I havent really thought of what to go as, I better get on that. This probably isnt new news but obviously any candy bags that look "suspcious", just throw out, better safe than sorry. I know some people say you are safer when the candy is all the same being that its just a bag of snickers from the store but I think that really doesnt mean much.
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Comment

Halloween Plans

When we lived in an area where the neighborhood kids came Trick or Treating, we used to give non edible items, like coloring crayons or little Dollar Store coloring books or other school or creative supplies.

We made sure the parents saw what we were placing into the child's bag as well.
      Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage
      Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum

Comment

Halloween Plans

I totally agree with that idea. Its safe and lets face it, kids dont need all that sugar, not good for them. That stuff is safe and stiff fun for them. I might look into that this year! thanks for the idea!
        The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Comment

Halloween Plans

Steve:

I am in full agreement with Adam. Give them neat pencils and little note pads with neat graphics on them. They like it and can use them up to Christmas.

My aunt forgot about Halloween one year and gave out all her office supplies. The smaller children did not really understand. :o

The kids need to have plenty of light with them.
          Walk in groups, hopefully with an adult.
          know which house they are going too and who lives there.
          Don't eat anything until inspected by Mom or Dad.
          Fruits get thrown away in the composte pit (razors or worse)
          This one really hurts....no home made treats.
          Some town hospitals will x-ray treats for free.

It is such a shame Halloween can be so sad now.

The school carnivals have helped and we even had one at our church one time to draw in new members and keep the neighborhood children safe.
          We raised the money to be donated to abused children.

The adults had a good time too! :D
          PJK

Comment

Halloween Plans

I used to save my nickels all year and then give out handfuls at Halloween. This was practical enough since we don't have too many kids coming into our cul-de-sac since we have no street lights.

Comment

Halloween Plans

Thats a good idea!

You know those pesty penny jars in the corner? Maybe they would work too?

I just like seeing children safe and having a good time.

Let the adults do all the stressing...
              PJK

Comment

Halloween Plans

We live in an area where halloween is alive and well. We are in a small hamlet of about 400 houses. We get over 100 kids at our door every halloween. Lots of families set up major displays (mostly homemade, though getting a bit more commercial) and some go to great effort to make it a fun night.

Last year we dressed up and sat outside in lawn chairs so we looked like those stuffed scarecrows people make for halloween. Then when the kids came up the driveway we would sit really still and wait for them to ring the doorbell before we would move and scare them. Not sure what we will do this year.
                Cathy
                Forum Moderator

Comment

Halloween Plans

we dressed up and sat outside in lawn chairs so we looked like those stuffed scarecrows people make for halloween
                  Now there's an idea for an avatar! :lol:
                  Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage

Comment

Halloween Plans

The pumpkins are carved and ready, but oops no treats yet...

My son spent the entire day leaving and going back to his big pumpkin carving and designing. I was really surprised, he used a stencil for one of the carvings and he did a great job.

Have a great and safe Halloween!
                    PJK

Comment

Halloween Plans

PJK,

Have you taken a picture of your son's pumpkin creation ?
                      Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage

Comment

Halloween Plans

Plan on it when I buy a candle tomorrow!
                        PJK

Comment

Working...
                        X