Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

Polar Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polar Bears

I've been asked why my avatar is a photo of a polar bear cub, so I am providing a photo of the mural this little cub inspired.

By clicking on the WWW icon at the bottom of this message, you'll see the mural painted by artist Wellington White on the back of our motorcoach.

The mural is an original, so if you see us driving along the road, please honk and wave! 8) :D

What's the story behind your avatar?
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Homepage
    If you enjoy the TC Forum, please consider a Tourette Canada membership
    Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum

Polar Bears

Steve
    This is a beautiful mural. How much time do you spend in your coach? Do you use it just for travel or more than that?
    Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

Polar Bears

Janet,

Thanks Janet! We enjoy sharing it.

We were fulltiming for eight years after we stopped working, sold the house etc. We needed a permanent home base again, so we are part time fulltimers now.

Our escape to the South will take place shortly, which is our answer to avoid winterizing the coach.
      Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage
      Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum

Comment

Polar Bears

Steve, I don't see the link to the mural! I'd love to see it, too.

Well, the story behind my avatar is simple: It's ME! :shock:
        German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Comment

Polar Bears

Uschi,

The link is in the Website icon at the bottom of the message window. I don't have a website, but instead just placed the URL of the picture in the WWW field.
          Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage

Comment

Polar Bears

Oh, goodness (hitting my forehead in unbelief), that's just typical! Often I look right at something and don't see it. Of course it's in plain view! :oops:

Anyway, it really is beautiful.
            German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Comment

Polar Bears

Very pretty!!!
              My avatar, which is temporarily out of commission, is a bat.
              as a child, I was obsessively afraid of death. At age 9, I saw that movie with George Hamilton "Love Bites" and because obsessed with vampires because they 'lived forever'... so, I wanted to become one. Anyway, I got over my intense fear of death, but I still like bats. :D

Comment

Polar Bears

Well, once I get an avatar up, it will be a pic of the Detroit Lions logo (which is just a blue lions) Football is my life and I am there biggest fan!
                The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Comment

Polar Bears

Glad to see the bat's back!
                  Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage

Comment

Polar Bears

Thanks! I missed little 'batty'. LOL ;)

Comment

Polar Bears

My avatar was a modified cartoon of a Bengal tiger with a mortar board. So it was easy to use him as the mascot for The Tourette Tiger. He also appears on my web site, which should be available from the WWW button below, also.

Why a tiger? Well, my Mom's book is "Teaching the Tiger", but I do not know why a tiger originally, but it makes sense. The tiger is the abstract part of TS+ that disrupts or tears up your life. The cover of Mom's book gives a hint. When people find out I am on the cover, I say, "Yea, I'm the orange one." And while this is not completely accurate, it is essentially true. I am the orange one, and one of the seated kids, too. So having a 'penname' of The Tourette Tiger, being an alter ego, if you will, was very easy and comfortable. The tiger is the source of the problem, in an allegorical sense, but also the source of my celebrity, if you understand my use of that word there.

Here's the book cover I mentioned. I chose Amazon because you can click on the image, and get a closer look. I am the one in orange (duh) and also the one in blue.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
                      Darin M. Bush, The Tourette Tiger, author of "Tiger Trails"
                      http://www.facebook.com/tourettetiger

Comment

Working...
                      X