Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

video games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video games

hi, im new here, and i've yet to find a post with people that play video games or something. im a big Counter Strike Source kind of guy. Anyone here play online? or something? what do you guys do? im 19, is there people my age around here? lemme know, im new around here.
    Be the parent, not another doctor.

video games

I'm 22, and I'm a gaming fan. Right now, I'm playing Dragon Quest VIII on PS2, Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart DS and NHL 06 for Xbox. Got those for Christmas ;) . I also play Final Fantasy XI online... but it's been a while since I've actually been on.

I run a couple of video game Web sites, so I try to always stay in the loop with the gaming industry. Sadly, I spend more time on the sites and working than I get to spend playing the games.
    Colin

Comment

video games

I LOVE video games!! I don't play much anymore because i'm such a junkie.. once I get started I never want to stop. So online gaming is DEFINITELY out for me!!!
      I really like the spy/espionage games like Syphon Filter and Metal Gear. But once I start one of those games, my life is pretty much over for the next 2-3 days until I finish it.
      I love Nitrous Oxide too. I know these are kinda older games, but I haven't let myself buy anything new for a long time. I have a bunch of games I hope to trade in--football and racing games I never play-- so I'm hoping to see what new things they've got. I may want to hold off until spring break though so I don't forget about my homework. ;)

Comment

video games

Hehe, since i'm working in the video game industry, I don't play a lot of different games while I'm home.
        For the last year, I've been playing World of Warcraft hehe ;)

Comment

video games

I odnt really play video games that much but my dad has a PS2 and my sister a game cube. And I gotta admit I like DDR and Zelda. I stick t o the fun lil mario!
          ~Alley

Comment

video games

My son and I are total addicts.

We have playstation 1 and 2, gamecube, and x-box and several gameboys.

We have a ton of games for them. They are alot of fun on rainy days. Steph

Comment

video games

Nintendo's next-generation system has been renamed from it's code name "Revolution" to "Nintendo Wii".

That's the big gaming news today.
              Colin

Comment

video games

Oh god, this may be the best thread this forums has ever had! lol, j/k. Well, Im 22 and definately like online play! I actually am in a COD2 clan! (Im a nerd! I do get out and play sports!) For my past, thats too many games to mention, but for the present, I play age of empires 3 (PC), call of duty 2 (PC), and axis and allies (PC and board game!) I also play some x-box games, halo (1 and 2), NBA Jam (yes, the old one, only for x-box) I also love football but I never liked madden and now that madden has that deal with the NFL and the sega series is done, I havent play a FB game in a while. But I also own the greatest syetem to ever be produced! (in my opinion) DREAMCAST!!! I love it! Anyways, I guess thats it! lol
                The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Comment

video games

Originally posted by Adam
                  But I also own the greatest syetem to ever be produced! (in my opinion) DREAMCAST!!!
                  The Sega Dreamcast was a fantastic system. If only Sega did better on the hardware side from a business perspective, it might not have been discontinued so soon.
                  Colin

Comment

video games

Cailean,

Nintendo's next-generation system
                    When is it coming out? What else can you tell us about it? Is there going to be more Mario games? My son just bought the latest Mario Party 7 but is looking forward to the next system. Steph

Comment

video games

Originally posted by StephMomToOne
                      When is it coming out?
                      It's supposedly going to be released in time for the holidays this year -- which means, most likely, in November.

E3 (Electronics Entertainment Expo -- the biggest video game trade show of the year) is going on from May 10-12. Nintendo's going to officially unveil the Wii there.

What else can you tell us about it?
                      Nintendo is going for innovation with the Wii. They've said many times that they're not really competing with the Sony PlayStation 3 and the Microsoft Xbox 360. They're looking to create new types of gameplay and bridge the gap between gamers and non-gamers.

Oh, and the controller isn't your typical gamepad:

More: Nintendo Wii on Game-Machines.com, Nintendo.com Flash Teaser

Is there going to be more Mario games?
                      None have been announced. That will change. There's no way Nintendo will abandon this franchise. We'll probably see at least one game featuring Mario announced at E3.
                      Colin

Comment

video games

Cailean

probably see at least one game featuring Mario announced at E3.
                        I hope so, Mario is the only reason we have a gamecube! Any word on the price of the new system? I guess it will be around the Xbox 360 range and let us know what happens at the tradeshow. Steph

Comment

video games

Does anyone remember "PONG"??????? LOL!!!! Am I dating myself? That was from the 70's and it hooked up to the TV. I couln't even play that!!!

I watch my kids play their gameboys and I have no idea what they are doing.

GRAMMY

Comment

video games

LOL!! I remember PONG!!!! we were just talking about it at work the other day. Kids nowadays would be bored silly with how slow our video games used to be. My brother and I saved up and bought an Atari... I can NOT believe how much games have changed when I really stop to think about it.. pretty freaky! So, I try not to think about it! ;)

Comment

video games

Any word on the price of the new system? I guess it will be around the Xbox 360 range
                              Nintendo has said on several occasions that the Wii will be the lowest-priced system of the lot. Analysts and Nintendo sources say the system will be priced below the Xbox 360's core offering, which means less than $400 Canadian. (Keep in mind, Nintendo is going for conceptual innovation - a "do more with less" policy. The Wii is more powerful than the Gamecube and current systems, but considerably less powerful than the Xbox 360 or the PS3.)

Oh, and by the way -- there's been confirmation that a Mario game is in development for the Wii. No word yet on details though.

Originally posted by grammy
                              Does anyone remember "PONG"??????? LOL!!!! Am I dating myself? That was from the 70's and it hooked up to the TV. I couln't even play that!!!
                              I was born in 1983, but I have great respect for this game.

Originally posted by grammy
                              I watch my kids play their gameboys and I have no idea what they are doing.
                              That's quite alright. I play my Game Boy and I have no idea what I'm doing.
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X