Music :-)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music :-)

I reaaaaaaaallly love music. I play the guitar. I like artists like Joni Mitchelle, eva cassidy. The beatles OHH YEAAAAh. The rolling stones, the doors. All that good stuff it really relaxes me and calms my tics. What kinda of music do you guys like?? :D
    ~Alley

Hi there

I'm really going to date myself now... My favorite music is Dr. Hook, Cher, Bee Gees, Abba... I like being able to sing along so whatever I hear from the past is a catchy one for me. :roll:
    Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

Dr. Hook, ABBA, Cher :shock:

The Bee Gees well I can understand that.

Janet How old are you? I thought you were my age?

That's ok Janet, we like you anyway. :P lol Steph

Comment

Now Steph, don't you know a girl who tells her age will tell anything :P :P :roll:

Let's put it this way, my birthday was earlier this week and it was a milestone birthday. Lordy, lordy, it was a milestone :roll:

That's why this forum is so great we like people because of their differences and we have many people with lots of differences... all the diversity on here make it a GR8 site.

Wait till Steve tells you his new found love of music... I wasn't familiar but you may be. I hope he weighs in with his preference.
        Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

I'm more into Heavy Metal then anything else hehe.
          I play Bass and Guitar, harmonica and Irish Whistle.
          I used to play with some people but never did anything worth mentioning it
          From Anthrax to Obituary, Slayer to Emperor... etc.

I also listen a lot of trip hop such as Massive Attack, Portishead, new Ulver... etc.

Comment

well the more current, I listen to INXS and Linkin Park because my oldest son likes them :roll:
            Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

I listen to literally everything (well, except jazz or blues). I can sit and listen to DMX, tupac, nelly or other rap, than listen to anything rock/metal, slipknot, disturbed, marylin manson, than I could got to something like musicals! I love the soundtrack to miss siagon(spelling) and catz, but phantom is the best! My fav music is prolly soft music? Stuff you would slow dance to or hear at a funeral. But I like alternative, pop, country, oldies, classical (josh groban, andrea buccille and sara brightman!) and really anything! My fav group is evanescence though! Second is either sarah mclachlan or kelly clarkson or DMX. LOL, I like music! Oh, and anything by Richard Marx! (lol, I think I may be the only person who ikes him!, and jon secada!)
              The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Comment

I listen to all sorts of music from country to rock, heavy metal, pretty much everything except classical. It depends what kind of mood I'm in and what I'm doing. When I'm on my treadmill I like country(new country) like Allan Jackson, Toby Keith and Gretchen Wilson. When I'm weight lifting I prefer faster music like Motley Crue or Def Leppard.

Kim

Comment

If we're talking about guitar pickers, then Chet Atkins is the best in my mind...anybody old enough to remember Chet? Or even Les Paul?? 8)

Steve
                  Steve
                  TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Nope havn't heard of alot of these musicians. But im looking them up! I like to find and listen to new music. Any other artists you guys recomend?? :D
                    ~Alley

Comment

:D I have to agree with Janet....that's the kind of music I like too....and my olest son says....." Mom what are you listening too" and I always tell him......it's the kind of music that you can actually understand the words too and sing along. It's so funny tho.....when he comes in first thing goes off is my stereo....

Will soon have another b'day rolling around so I guess I'm dating myself too

Comment

I'm eclectic so I listen to everything.

I drove my daughter's friend home one night and I had the radio on a classical channel. She was taken back a bit at first but I told her " My life is loud, busy and constantly multi tasking. The music is the one calm thing in my life and centers me to face reality again."

Oddly, enough was said and she could relate.

By the way ladies I am a head of you so you have nothing to worry about...life becomes richer with age and I will always be 32 at heart.
                        PJK

Comment

it's the kind of music that you can actually understand the words too and sing along
                          that is what is important to me too because like PJK, when I listen to music it is my focus time when I get to be in my little world of my own. Look out if I am in my van alone, I am definitely singing along and that could be scary for anyone who heard me... not a note in my head, unfortunately. :oops: It's a real struggle to not sing along when I'm at the gym and my favorite music is pounding in my ears (ipod) and can't sing along... especially since I has TS and typically no inhibitions... welcome to the adult world of having to self-manage :P :P

Hey PJK I like the idea of being 32 forever, I was once told that people became most interesting once they became over 30 ... boy oh boy has my life become more interesting since then.
                          Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

I love most of those older bands/singers that were mentioned! I'm pretty much open to anything except most rap and screamo etc. I go for lyrics in songs as well--usually songs that fit my mood or really touch me, or just really good artistic lyrics in general.

To be specific, I love the Beatles, Yellowcard, Kelly Clarkson, Rascal Flatts, Vanessa Carlton...the list goes on and on! All for the lyrics!!
                            Steph
                            ~be a miracle~

Comment

Ill be honest, the lyrics arnt always a big thing with me. It depends on my mood I guess. If Im listening to sarah mclachlan or evanescence, I wanna hear the lyrics. But I will admit, when Im listening to slipknot or Mystical(rap), I sometimes have no clue what they are saying! lol, but if Im in the mood, sometimes the beat is just enough. But I love Andrea Buccelli (spelling) and josh groban, and they sing alot in Italin and I have no clue what they are saying but they are still great to liten too! lol, anyways!
                              The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Comment

Working...
                              X