Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I'm new here

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and would love to meet other people with similar disorders. My name is Hermann, I was diagnosed with Tourette's, OCD and Hyperactivity! I live in the Southwest of Germany, nearby Heidelberg.

cheers
    Hermann

Hi I'm new here

Hi Hermann,

Welcome to the TSFC website, we are happy that you found us.

There is Tourette Syndrome support groups all across Canada for support resources in your community and click Here for the address.

When were you diagnosis with TS? How does TS, OCD, and hyperactivity (do you mean ADHD) affect your day to day life? How has your family been coping? Are you in school, how is it going?

We have many discussions on various tics throughout the body in the tic parade. Please jump into any discussion that you want or start a new one.

You are not alone and we are always here to talk to and give support to you and your family.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hi I'm new here

hi stephanie,

thanks 4 the friendly welcome! tics started, when i was 12 years old. the first diagnose i've got -> 18 years later! that's quite a long time and consulted many doctors, psychologists and alternative practitioners! i don't have adhd, maybe parts of it. but i am hyperactive, so it's hard for me to do nothing and relax. i don't know exactly how you call in english?

the only thing really helped me was a speciao diet. i live vegan (no animal proteine) and yeast-free! it's not easy, but it helped me!

i am a member of TSA Germany and i am a member of the editorial staff of our magazine "Tourette-aktuell"!

do you have special places of research for tourette's in canada?

Hermann

canada, this beautiful country! wish you all the best out there !!!!

Comment

Hi I'm new here

Hi Hermann,

I don't know if we have a special place for TS research in Canada, does Germany?

What made you decide to switch your diet? How long since you made the switch?

Stephanie

Comment

Hi I'm new here

Welcome to our Forum Hermann! Glad you found the Forum and we'll be looking forward to your participation, especially with your extensive experience.

Research information can be obtained from the National Office of the TSFC. Feel free to contact the office directly for more information: http://www.tourette.ca/contactus.html

Please tell us more about your vegetarian diet and what difference it has made in your life.

You may also wish to include information about your Tourette Support Group in the Support Directory which you can access from the link below my signature.

You can add your information under the category of Germany. Look under International | Europe | Germany
          Steve
          TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Hi I'm new here

Hi Hermann

Welcome to our BB. Feel free to post any questions or comments and check out all the topics in the adult section... looking forward to seeing how similar your experiences have been.
            Janet

TSFC Homepage

Comment

Hi I'm new here

Hi Stephanie, Steve and Janet,

thank you for your friendly welcome! I feel very good here!

don't know if we have a special place for TS research in Canada, does Germany?
              Yes, we have some universities with a special interest and research of TS. Maybe you know G?ttingen (Prof. Dr. Rothenberger), Hannover (Dr. M?ller-Vahl --> Medizinische Hochschule), FZ J?lich, M?nchen (Munich) or Hamburg? But at the moment, it's the same like everywhere in the world: no really helping and explaining results for Tourette's.

I will tell about my diet in a seperate posting.

@ Steve: I wasn't able to open the link -> Support Directory, maybe you are interested in the following information: The official website of TSA Germany is -> www.tourette-gesellschaft.de - the office is located at -> Tourette-Gesellschaft Deutschland e.V., c/o Prof. Dr. A. Rothenberger, Von-Siebold-Str. 5, 37075 G?ttingen.

Hermann

Comment

Hi I'm new here

Hallo Hermann, ich bin auch Deutsche! Aber lebe schon seit 27 Jahren in Kanada.

Okay, I don't want to be rude to the English speaking people, so I'll stop the German here.

I am glad you found us!
                German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Comment

Hi I'm new here

Hi Uschi,

nice to meet you! 27 years in Canada is quite a long time! Do you take any medication at the moment to reduce Tourette's?

Hermann

PS: Ich lebe im S?dwesten von Deutschland in der N?he von Heidelberg

Comment

Hi I'm new here

Hermann:

You are in a beautiful area of Germany. I have not visited since 1990 but we have family near Heidelberg.

I hope you join in topics and other posts. You will find support among our members.
                    PJK

Comment

Hi I'm new here

Hi PJK,

it is really a wonderful area of Germany, that's true and I am happy to live here. By car it is only half an hour to the french border (Alsace/Elsass) and there we can buy easily french products, especially good water, olives, artichokes etc. ...

cheers and all the best 4 u

Hermann

Comment

Working...
                      X