Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the updated and refreshed Tourette Canada Online Forum!

Tourette Canada Online Forum is a free, safe, moderated online community where registered users can exchange ideas, information and support about issues related to Tourette Syndrome. Tourette Canada has recently changed the server and refreshed the pages so returning members will notice a brighter look. Tourette Canada welcomes back two former moderators, Janet Rumsey and Cathy Wylie, to the Forum. Their knowledge and insight will serve the Tourette Forum participants with dedication and expertise.

We would like to thank the administrators and moderators who have dedicated countless hours to build and maintain the Forum. We look forward to continuing to provide a place for individuals and families affected by Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders to get information, exchange information with others, and connect with the affiliates and support available across Canada.
See more
See less

New Forum Member--Haejinn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Member--Haejinn

another new person here! I've been on a few TS message boards (and even moderate one) over the years but just found out about this one and thought I'd come check it out.

I'm an adult with TS who diagnosed herself hesitatingly at the age of 20 and confirmed it for myself about 8 years later when I had internet access and could do lots of TS research.
    TS never would've been a big deal to me if it hadn't been a big deal to my parents (though they didn't know of TS and thought I was doing it on purpose). So, it's always kind of been a message of mine to put out there that how parents react to the TS has a HUGE part in how impactive the TS ends up being. SO MUCH of it is about attitude!

Welcome to the TSFC Forum! Thanks for joining us and I hope you will make our Forum part of your online activities.

How long ago did you discover your own diagnosis?

Your dedication to promoting awareness of Tourette is IMO an important responsibility if people with Tourette to help future generations deal with it in a more informed manner.

Of course, one needs to come to terms with the disorder within themselves before providing support to others.

Looking forward to your informed input to our discussions.

BTW I tool the liberty of splitting off your posting in order to provide maximum exposure to your introduction.

Enjoy the TSFC Forum!
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Homepage
    If you enjoy the TC Forum, please consider a Tourette Canada membership
    Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum

Comment

It's great that you moderate bulletin boards on TS. Out of respect for our colleagues operating other Forums and boards, we do not promote the TSFC Forum on the Forums of others and expect the same courtesy here.

This would also include redirection links in one's tag line.

Your experience and expertise is most welcome on the TSFC Forum.
      Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage
      Please visit our sister Forum: Psychlinks Psychology and Mental Health Support Forum

Comment

How long ago did you discover your own diagnosis?
        I've been aware of it probably about 16 years now, altogether.

This would also include redirection links in one's tag line.
        Ah, you mean my 'signature'? No problem... sorry.

Comment

Thank you for your cooperation! We'll be looking forward to your participation in the TSFC Forum!
          Steve

Tourette Canada Homepage

Comment

Working...
          X