This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prediction: Probable Forum Closure

So sorry to hear this. I must admit that I do read the posts but have only replied maybe twice over the years. As a mother of a 15 year old with significant TS Plus this forum has given me support and solace and just helped in general many, many times…hearing from people "in the trenches" if you will, is so much better sometimes than a medically based person. People with TS themes;yes who post have helped me understand my son so much more! I agree that the admin and conduct of TS Canada has been wanting for a very long time. I've been very disenchanted with them for years for various reasons. I hope as a community we can figure this out whether that means keeping this forum going with more people pitching in or as some people say changing to a FB page-as long as it is accessible-I myself do not belong to FB and don't want to join.

Steve and DJ Baxter you have both gone above and beyond to keep this forum alive, thank you! I myself am not very technically astute but would be happy to help by answering more questions etc. I will also send a note to TS Canada to let them know my strong feelings about this support system for our TS community.

Comment

Email sent today to admin@tourette.ca
      I figured I'd re-post it here for prosperity....
      ==========================

To whom it may concern,
      In 2015 it was confirmed that I had TS+ and found basic information on the TSFC website but found support, help and guidance through the forum. Shortly after joining the forum I was informed that due to lack of member participation and a lack of interest and support from TSFC the forum would most likely be closed. Now after a year we are still at the same standpoint.

To be honest I have held back from becoming a subscribed member of TSFC because of the lack of support and participation by the foundation, it's board and staff in regards to the forum.

If the forum was independent from TSFC and simply David and Steve's baby then I would not be upset and this email would not exist. But the forum, the domain name and all are the property of TSFC and because of this we are at the mercy of the foundation.

I sincerely hope the tone of my email does not come across as too harsh. But I stand behind David, Steve and the volunteers that have helped and supported the forum and it's members for so many years at a great cost to their personal time and lives.

In other words, it's with great sadness that I express the fact I'm not impressed by the lack of support and help from TSFC.

Regards,

---------- Post Merged at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Originally posted by GaryQ View Post
      Email sent today to admin@tourette.ca
      I figured I'd re-post it here for prosperity....
      ==========================

To whom it may concern,
      In 2015 it was confirmed that I had TS+ and found basic information on the TSFC website but found support, help and guidance through the forum. Shortly after joining the forum I was informed that due to lack of member participation and a lack of interest and support from TSFC the forum would most likely be closed. Now after a year we are still at the same standpoint.

To be honest I have held back from becoming a subscribed member of TSFC because of the lack of support and participation by the foundation, it's board and staff in regards to the forum.

If the forum was independent from TSFC and simply David and Steve's baby then I would not be upset and this email would not exist. But the forum, the domain name and all are the property of TSFC and because of this we are at the mercy of the foundation.

I sincerely hope the tone of my email does not come across as too harsh. But I stand behind David, Steve and the volunteers that have helped and supported the forum and it's members for so many years at a great cost to their personal time and lives.

In other words, it's with great sadness that I express the fact I'm not impressed by the lack of support and help from TSFC.

Regards,
      Only fitting respectfully to also post the response I got from TC to my email:
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      TC Forum Statement…………………………………..August 3, 2017

Tourette Canada and Board of Directors has no immediate plan to close our online forum, contrary to the message recently posted and emailed to forum users by Steve (last name edited out), Forum Administrator.

We were surprised to learn of this message by Steve and do not understand the background for which it was issued. The Board has been supportive of the Forum over the years and understands the number of people from throughout the world who are active users.

The Board will be consulting Steve to better understand his action on this matter. It should be noted that Steve was an active Board Member until very recently when he stepped back and he had not raised any major immediate concerns. His statement, “Tourette Canada management has neglected to provide the necessary support, input and awareness to bring new members to the Forum”, is difficult to put into perspective.
      Gary
      "If at first you don't succeed....
      CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

TC Forum Statement…………………………………..August 3, 2017

Tourette Canada and Board of Directors has no immediate plan to close our online forum, contrary to the message recently posted and emailed to forum users by Steve (last name edited out), Forum Administrator.

We were surprised to learn of this message by Steve and do not understand the background for which it was issued. The Board has been supportive of the Forum over the years and understands the number of people from throughout the world who are active users.

The Board will be consulting Steve to better understand his action on this matter. It should be noted that Steve was an active Board Member until very recently when he stepped back and he had not raised any major immediate concerns. His statement, “Tourette Canada management has neglected to provide the necessary support, input and awareness to bring new members to the Forum”, is difficult to put into perspective.
        Wow. Just wow.

That, especially the last paragraph, is simply not true.

Comment

Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
          Wow. Just wow.

That, especially the last paragraph, is simply not true.
          Yup, that pretty much "politely" resumes it! and yes it came from admin@tourette.ca "as is" blue font and all. No Hi Gary, thanks for your concern, etc... you can get more info from Steve concerning our PM's about it (all I did was edit and remove Steve's Last Name out of respect)

I think they made a blanket statement and are responding to anyone that complains about it by email with that message.
          That's all I will say publically to avoid any part of my TS +++++ getting carried away.

I'll simply add SAD, REALLY SAD to your comments and end there.

Gary
          P.S. I do have a tendency of always being in the middle of stuff like this.
          Gary
          CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dagimhiwot View Post
            This is very sad. I feel very isolated from resources here in Nova Scotia and often spend hours reading old posts. I don't participate often because quite frankly I'm caught up in my own confusion and emotions and don't feel I have much to contribute. I will be calling Tourette Canada to voice my concern.
            I thought for sure there would be more resources available once I moved to Halifax from Cape Breton. Not the case at all. Kind of surprising how limited we are here in Canada with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
              I thought for sure there would be more resources available once I moved to Halifax from Cape Breton. Not the case at all. Kind of surprising how limited we are here in Canada with this.
              There is a Halifax resource unit listed on the TC website HERE

If there were more active peer to peer support on this forum, you would have the benefit of the experiences and insights of Forum members helping and supporting fellow Forum members. This is precisely the reason the Forum is in crisis, that Forum members are not engaging in discussions with one another.

All it takes is someone to start a discussion somewhere on the Forum, and another member replies, offering their insights and experiences.

Without member / member participation, sadly, the future of this Forum looks dim.

Kind of surprising how limited we are here in Canada with this.
              The fact is this Forum has world wide internet exposure, and with increased message discussion activity, that exposure could be unlocked.
              Steve
              TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Those are good points Tina, facebook is at least an option.
                Marisa

Comment

Very sorry to hear that. I will be honest, I do not post, but I do read the threads related to the issues we have with our son.

Comment

I emailed Tourette Canada about this a few days ago. I've had no response or acknowledgement so far. Very disappointed.

Fi
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile! ☺😁😊

Comment

Hi Steve
                      I am saddened to hear about the possible closure, but certainly understand the frustration you feel in attempting to keep things going. I have used this forum as a support for my own TSplus, and to refer my clients for a place of support. While I a do not post often, I read the threads and have been impacted positively so many times. At times I just come home from a rough TD day and read some posts, but generally by the time I decide how to respond too much time has gone by. It sounds like those of us who are reading and not posting, maybe need to start posting and being more active? I do want to thank you for all of your effort and the replies you have sent me personally as well as the tireless way you have served everyone else on the site.Regardless of how things turn out, you have done such a beautiful work here and I am very thankful
                      Journey

Comment

My thanks for the kind words of support and gratitude.

Regardless of what the future holds, lets maintain a spirit of hope, because hope is what keeps us going.

Warmest regards,
                        Steve
                        TouretteLinks Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          My thanks for the kind words of support and gratitude.

Regardless of what the future holds, lets maintain a spirit of hope, because hope is what keeps us going.

Warmest regards,
                          You better keep a spirit of hope wit that signature....
                          Dum spiro spero....

Gary
                          P.S. Gotta have some fun here
                          Gary
                          CRY and CRY again!"

Comment

Working...
                          X