Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you (if you are the person with Tourette) or the person you know with TS take prescription medica

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 75.00%
  • No

5 20.83%
  • Sometimes

1 4.17%

Thread: Medication Poll

Default Medication Poll

We'd like to know if medication is helping you or the person in your life with Tourette Syndrome. Please take a moment to participate in the Medication poll above.

Then, if you haven't already voted in the Tourette Person Poll, CLICK HERE

Default Medication Poll

hi i'm not sure how this message thing works but i'l give it a try. talking about medication i'm taking 54mg of concerta and 1mg of risperdal once a day and my 15 yrs old son takes the same thing as i. my youngest son takes 36mg of concerta and 1mg of clonidine in the morning and 1mg of clonidine at noon and at bedtime. i find that the medication works but it's a fifty fifty thing because the pills do one thing but we also have to do our part .

Default Medication Poll

Welcome Concerta

You are right, the medications certainly can help manage the symptoms but they don't take them away.

How long have you known you have Tourette?

You will find that you have come to a very resourceful location. This forum has many knowledgeable members who willingly offer support and share their stories.

Have you ever attended a TSFC chapter meetings in your area? Do you plan to attend the conference being held in Montreal in October?

I hope you plan to stay connected with us. Feel free to ask any question so that we can help you find answers or point you in the right direction. I look forward to your participation.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Default Medication Poll

I take medication for OCD, not for Tourette's specifically. But it does reduce my anxiety and help my TS overall.
    Colin

Default Medication Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Janet
    Welcome Concerta

You are right, the medications certainly can help manage the symptoms but they don't take them away.

How long have you known you have Tourette?

You will find that you have come to a very resourceful location. This forum has many knowledgeable members who willingly offer support and share their stories.

Have you ever attended a TSFC chapter meetings in your area? Do you plan to attend the conference being held in Montreal in October?

I hope you plan to stay connected with us. Feel free to ask any question so that we can help you find answers or point you in the right direction. I look forward to your participation.
    hi janet and thank you well i found out this year that i havew tourette and my older son we found out last year and my younger son we found out this summer.

Default Medication Poll

Hi Concerta

We have a lot in common. I was only diagnosed following my oldest son's diagnosis and this past year my second oldest was diagnosed.

Do you have a chapter ofthe TSFC in your area. If you are not sure check this list TSFC Affiliates and see if we have a location near you.

Touching base with the local chapter was the best thing that ever happened to me and certainly had a posivtive influence on how we prcessed what we were dealing with as a family.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Default Medication Poll

hi janet i guess we do have alot in common. theirs another foundation in montreal and it's calles l'association quebecquoise du syndrome de gilles de latourette.it's in frenche and it's located in ste justin's hospital in montreal. and i've gone only once and it did me alot of good and i sould go back but right now i'm felling underthe weather.

Default Medication Poll

The Association Quebecquoise du Syndrome de Gilles de la Tourette has been in existence a long time and is doing a wonderful job to serve the French speaking community. I had contact with them many years ago.

In the early 1990's the TSFC Chapter was formed to serve the English speaking community and their meetings are held at St. Mary's Hospital.

You would be most welcome to attend whichever group with which you feel more comfortable.

At present the French Association is not directly affiliated with TSFC, but I believe there are discussions taking place to form an affiliation.