Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sub-Aqua and TS

Default Sub-Aqua and TS

Hi, My son did a 45 minute 'dive' in a local pool and loved it and now wants to do the full sub aqua course. Anybody out there with TS who does sub-aqua diving? Any safety issues etc??
    Cheers
    David

Default Sub-Aqua and TS

Hello David!

Thanks for introducing an interesting topic. I have no first hand experience with sub-aqua diving, but perhaps other Forum members have.

I'll be following this discussion with interest. In the meantime, if you wish to discuss other TS issues, feel free to join in any ongoing discussion or start another of your own.

Are there purported benefits specific to TS with sub-aqua diving or is it an activity in which your son is interested and you'd like more insight, because of concerns about his TS?

Default Sub-Aqua and TS

Hi Steve,
    my son Tim has always been interested in animals, fishes etc and has been keen to try scuba diving but has only just reached the minimum age of 12.
    The instructor said he was fine - no fears at being under the water etc that some people have so I think we may go for full lessons.
    I had a reply from a guy who is a PADI diving instructor and ex commercial diver who has TS - no problem from his viewpoint.
    Tim is one of those lucky TS people who doesn't twitch etc when he is 100% absorbed in something. Being underwater seems to keep him concentrated - and if he wants to shriek then fine as well as noone can hear :twisted:
    Regards
    David

Default Sub-Aqua and TS

Thanks for the update, David. Will be looking forward to updates on how Tim is doing as this information might be of interest to other parents on the Forum.

Regards,