Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legs and ankles

Default Legs and ankles

Has anyone experienced ankles twisting?

Legs bobing?

Numb feeling or tingeling in legs?

Clothing bother you? The feel has to be right?
    PJK

Default Legs and ankles

I have had a number of knee injuries and its almost like my TS knows that and I end up doing tics involving my knees. I had a bad one where while I was walking I would flare or kick my leg out until it almost hyperextended and I would get satisfaction from the pain that shot up and down my leg.
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Default Legs and ankles

I will roll my ankles, and twist my feet until they crack. Mind you, it WILL help my feet feel better and alleviate some pain. The same goes for cracking my hip joints. If I don't do it I'll end up not being able to use my legs. So, it might be a tic to an extent, but is also a necessity for me. I have very lose and weak joints.

I have also always had to shake my legs (especially the right one) in a fast and specific kind of shake, again, to release something in my knee, which makes it painful to walk. The release (which cracks) will alleviate the problem. My kids hate it when I do that, they say it looks like a dog shaking his leg after peeing, and they get mad when I do it in public.
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Default Legs and ankles

what does "legs bobing" mean please PJK ?

the only thing i do with regards limbs is to kick my right leg up behind me,i am quite good at hiding this (i think) by pretending i either have something on my shoe and am just picking it off or that i have an itch on my ankle so have to kick my leg up to get it as i am walking along,i havent done this for a week or so now though so it may have gone,
    jo

Default Legs and ankles

Hi, On saturday my son started another new tic. It is curling his toes, which means that when he walks he either has to stop and curl his toes or bend his legs down and curl one toe and then the other.

After all day in school, he came home today exhausted. His legs hurt so much.

Some of the kids made fun of him and he said that he just ignored them. :roll:

It is heart breaking to watch him do this over and over especially when his legs are really hurting. Steph

Default Legs and ankles

Steph,

Some of the kids made fun of him and he said that he just ignored them
    Have you rehearsed and role played with your son a way that he can explain his Tourette to the other kids in a simple and succinct manner?

It's been found that children with Tourette who have practiced explaining their involuntary tics to others usually gain better acceptance with their young peers and avoid some of the kidding.

Default Legs and ankles

Hi, I didn't tell my son that he may possibly have TS because we wanted to have a diagnosis first.

Since on Friday we didn't get that and it will be a long time before we are back to see the ped then we are unsure which way to go. I am hesitant to tell him.

I want whatever is best for him and since I was responsible for going to the ped and she was not very nice to us, then I feel that I don't want to make another mistake.

I really wish that I could see into the future. Steph

Default Legs and ankles

In reply to PJK's initial posting, I too have found the need to twist my ankles, until I feel a sort of popping sensation almost as if the bone has moved a bit. I feel the need to do this at routine times, such as in a basketball game when we are lined up for free throws, I feel the need to do it. It has become harder because I now wear ankle braces, which prevent me from making this motion, but somehow I always find a way, even if I have to bend over and undo the brace to do it. It can be a bit annoying, but I've gotten used to it and it is one of my less noticeable tics so I do not bother trying to suppress it.
    Steph
    ~be a miracle~

Default Legs and ankles

Steph:

I can relate, my son even figured out a way to do when he broke his leg and ankle and was still in his cast. It caused him to keep the cast on longer to heal and cause much pain for him.
    PJK

Default Legs and ankles

OMG when you talked about clothing something in my head went off...my clothing had to fight just write or I couldnt even go out of the house...its a little bit better know cuz I have grown out of it a bit but still.....(btw Im Chloe, 14 years old) it really hit home when you said that...I know it sounds stupid but especially if underwear didnt fit right...that was it I couldnt keep going...