Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arms & Wrists

Default Arms & Wrists

Has anyone experienced arm raising or wrist twisting or rolling?

My son experiences a combination of vocal and physical tics, usually at the same time. His wrist spin and twist.
    PJK

Default Arms & Wrists

I tend to clinch my fists alot or I alot of times will stress my thumb and its muscles to a point of discomfort or pain over an over. I literally think I may be getting carpaltunnel. I almost seem like sometimes I lose slight feeling in my fingers.
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Default Arms & Wrists

Outstretching an arm to its fullest extent is one that has been with me for the longest time. It requires the arm to be extended to the fullest extension to be satifying, and if teh extension is done at a high rate of speed, the satisfaction is greater.

Default Arms & Wrists

I do hand flapping (which is considered an autistic thing), but also twisting my wrist back and forth at a rapid rate when agitated, or after holding tics in for a long time (which also makes me agitated, of course).
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Default Arms & Wrists

Question, this is more a control of a tic. When riding in a car, does anyone else postion their free arm(s) in almost a locked position? Its almost if I tense or lock my arms or legs, it can control the tics, but you than cant use your arm really. (ex. I usually wrap my arm around the head rest really tight)
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Default Arms & Wrists

Adam:

Interesting question you raise.

Could it be that you are giving it something to do?
    Relieving stress or fatigue?

I wonder who else has found themselves doing this :?:
    PJK

Default Arms & Wrists

Well, alot of my tics seem to always involve an urge to tight my muscles or cause tightness on a joint. I think maybe since my arm is alraedy in this tense state my brain thinks, hey, we must have already relieved that urge. But once I take my arm off its back to normal, but its not worse. Its not like if I try to hold a tic in. When I do that, the longer I go, the worse the tics will come when I stop holding it in. Here, its not like Im holding it in, its more like Im in a constant state of "tic" for that body part but again, I lose function of my arm until I take it off.

Default Arms & Wrists

Adam:

I've seen my son tense joints even bend them the wrong way (double jointed) he always has an expression on his face at the same time.

I was never sure if it was a tic or an attempt of self injury.

He has pain in his joints now from time to time depending on weather.

He does that fist and knuckle thing too.

Sometimes he hits the limb that is reacting with the other hand or up against something like a door jam or wall.
    Usually he is hurt and always the object is hurt.
    PJK

Default Arms & Wrists

fist clencing is a new one for me that i have started doing over the last couple of weeks,i clench so hard that the tops of my fingers are now sore,especially my ring finger,i squeeze so that my little finger knuckles crack and then open my fist then clench again several times very quickly,i hope it doesnt last too long,it is getting a bit sore now
    jo

Default Arms & Wrists

Steve Quote: "Outstretching an arm to its fullest extent is one that has been with me for the longest time. It requires the arm to be extended to the fullest extension to be satifying".

My son does this one and he has done it for years. He does both arms at the same time, but it is not done fast, but at the same rate each time.

Does anyone notice that stress will sometimes bring out more tics? Or have the same tics happen more often? Steph