Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blinking

Default Blinking

Reportedly one of, if not the, most common tics out there.

Can I get a "show of hands" of how many people have the blinking tic?

*raises hand*
    Colin

Default Blinking

Uschi 'raises hand'.

I've been blinking on and off from the age of six or seven. Sometimes it goes away for several years, but it always comes back. Right now it's pretty severe, especially when I am stressed.
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Default Blinking

Yes, my son does.

He gets frustrated with the constant blinking and will pull on his eyelashes to make it stop.

Obviously it does not work, this one causes more stress then most because people (teachers) do not understand and think they are being mocked.
    PJK

Default Blinking

*raises hand* ... *while blinking*

I have had a blinking tic it seems forever. This tic and eyebrow raising(which is talked about in another thread) have probably been my most constant tics. No matter the time of day or where I am or what I feel like I can expect these tics. If I am angry though, these tics are a good sign that I am upset and more complex tics are coming.

But yes, this is a common tic for me. But I will say it doesnt bother me as much as many of my other tics, but that may be cause Im used to doing it all the time. :shock: <<<<<< Im not gonna blink!
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Default Blinking

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    it doesnt bother me as much as many of my other tics, but that may be cause Im used to doing it all the time.
    Same here. I tend not to notice I'm doing it until it gets really bad.
    Colin

Default Blinking

If there was an award for most blinks then my son would win, hands down. Funny thing is when I was young, my brother and I would challenge each other to the most blinks and I don't have TS. Steph

Default Blinking

Steph

Welcome to the TSFC forum.

If your son does have TS and the blinking is a tic, it is a common one.

It can be frustrating though depending on the age and circumstances. When you have TS you can not stop the tic from happening, only learn to deal with it.

There are some excellent books available that are referred too on the forum for parents and children to better understand TS.

How far along are you in the process of your diagnosis?

Have you been referred to someone that understands TS?

It can be common to have TS with other disorders like ADD, but it is important to have a Doctor that works with mulitple disorders.

Please keep us posted on your progress and may I suggest you keep a journal during the diagnosis process recording day to day events and experiences with your son.
    You can review these with the Doctor to determine if TS is a factor and if the experiences he has could be considered tics.
    PJK

Default Blinking

I also have the blinking tic, which is incredibly annoying because often only one of my eyes will blink, or one will blink before the other and people will think that I am winking at them. I'm sure you can see how this wouldn't be a good thing to have strangers or teachers, etc. thinking that I am winking at them....definitely one of my more annoying tics and one I have a very hard time supressing.
    Steph
    ~be a miracle~

Default Blinking

often only one of my eyes will blink, or one will blink before the other and people will think that I am winking at them.
    A tic which comes and goes in my case is a railroad crossing eye blink...alternating left and right eye wink. People are not sure what to make out of it!

Default Blinking

I can't go 10 seconds without blinking! I NEVER win staring contests. :P