Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abdomen Clenching

Default Abdomen Clenching

Has anyone else had a tic where you clench your stomach muscles tight togather? It than affects my breathing and makes any project, even walking, difficult.

[size=7px]{edit spelling}[/size]
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

i do this in bed,i clench then release so it is almost like a little laugh,you know where you just tighten your stomach muscles and give a little short nasal laugh with your mouth shut,i do this over and over in bed and make the bed wobble a little,lol,lordy knows what my husband must think ,
    jo

Adam:

My son does this too, mostly at night.
    PJK

It's an especially annoying tic if one wants to do relaxation breathing exercises! It's been part of my repertoire since childhood.

I have heard of lots of people describe this type of internal tic but have yet to experience it. I have a new one to share. My 7 year old starting describing a "vibration" feeling inside his whole body. He says he feels like he is shaking inside but he can see he is not shacking on the outside. This was a new one for me and has me a little concerned because I have never heard of it before. anyone experience that type of internal torso tic. He says it's like he is vibrating from top of his head to his toes.

I have watched him close his eyes and try to work through it and then he'll say I think its gone and then minutes later it starts again. sound tic like, what do you think??
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Janet,

I dont know if this was a tic of TS but I used to experience almost a dizziness feeling throughout my body every once in a while. It was hard to explain but it felt like(visually) that there was an earthquake was happening in my head. But Im not sure what it was really.
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Hi Adam

Was it something you felt occassionally or was it more frequent? I shared this with my son's teacher only last night via email and she told me that he had told her about this feeling too. So if is happening pretty regularly. He has nicknamed it the "twister" and he says he tries to stop it but "can't". He hasn't described it as dizzy or that his head was light or anything. He's been pretty good about all this.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Adam & Janet:

This is a problem for my son too. When it first started happening people around us thought he was playing out for attention or being silly but it use to "freak him out" because of the way it felt.

When the topic comes up around family now I shoot it down quickly and they just look lost by my description and advice to ignore him.

Peoples reactions always make any tic worse. I still am not sure if it can be consider a tic or if it is a sensory issue that happens....

I think it is interesting that so many people experience the same thing but there is no clear answer for the fact. I feel like we are on the ground level.

I'm glad the topic was raised, you both just validated my position...
    PJK

It was definately one of my more less common tics but it was different enough to remember.

I get that too, like my whole body is vibrating from the inside, or sometimes a shaking, freezing sensation, even though I am not cold. The freezing happens when I've been in a difficult situation, but the vibrating (which fortunately doesn't happen often, as it is a VERY uncomfortable feeling) has no explanation at all.

Who knows what that is, and why it happens. I've never told anybody, because they wouldn't understand anyhow. At least here some people know what it feels like, too!
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).