Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sativex for tics?

Default Sativex for tics?

I read that Canada has approved a prescription spray called Sativex, which is a natural THC product extracted from marijuana, for use by MS patients. Since I have also read accounts of people receiving relief from their tics by smoking marijuana, I am wondering if anyone has tried Sativex for their tics? In the US, there is a oral prescription product called Marinol, which is a synthetic form of THC prescribed for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Some TS sufferers have tried it, but the results were not what was hoped for.

Hi monicafaye

Welcome to the TSFC Forum.

You ask a good question. I'ld be interested to see what members of our forum have to share around this topic. For those of you who would like to read about Sativex and it's release date then check this location Health Discovery

Hope you'll stay connected with us because we have many great people here and a lot of resources to share.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Health Canada has issued a conditional marketing authorisation under the Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c) policy for SATIVEX?, a cannabis based medicine, as adjunctive treatment for the symptomatic relief of neuropathic pain in patients with multiple sclerosis in adults.

More information on the Health Canada authorization HERE

For medical enquiries regarding SATIVEX?, please contact the medical information department of GW Pharma Ltd's marketing partner in Canada, Bayer Inc at: 1-800-265-7382

If you are aware of any clinical trials being considered with this medication for Tourette, please let us know.