Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First Day of School

Default First Day of School

We'd like to know how the first day went.

Do you find the teachers understand you and are supportive?

Does the system frustrate you?

What do you think can be done to help your days be easier, more average?

I'm focused at targeting schools, teachers and administration to offer better days and more understanding for pre-teens and teens with TS and other medical concerns. I have found it a battle for my own son and would like some feed back from others like him in the same shoes.
    PJK

well it is annoying explaining it to every teacher at the beginning of the year but after they started to understand

Your teachers will respect you for taking the time and effort to explain about your Tourette. This is a very adult way to approach a situation like a new group of teachers, a new group of friends and later on a new job.

There is nothing to be ashamed of in having Tourette, just like some people have bad eyesight and need to sit closer to the front, and others have a condition making it necessary to leave the room for the washroom periodically.

Having Tourette makes you special, where you have special needs. By explaining your Tourette to your new teachers, you are making them aware of your special needs...no big deal.

You should be commended for the steps you have taken, and you can feel confident that you will do well as adult.

BTW That's a cool avatar!! :D

Evan

I think it is great that you can communicate to your teachers each year to offer a better start for yourself.

My son has just started to speak up but tends to just not go there, so I step up to the plate on his behalf. Unfortunately I can not be there all the time and your approach is a much better way to avoid confusions.

Good job!
    PJK

hey guys,,

Each year there are teachers who know that a kid has ts, but they dont know wich, so i got to tell them, but in the 11 grade, it had been 4 months since it had reapear and on the second day of school, bam it started, so the teacher look but just turn back, i did it again and he said

*who did that?*i raised my hand* you wants to be mister funny guy right?* so just when i was about to say something, some guy wich i grew up with just got up and yelled at the teacher and then every other student join in, the teacher excuse himself after the class,

but each year there a teacher who thinks he can handle it but really cant,

Default Re: First Day of School

this will be my third school year with TS+ and I am looking forward to it.

Evan

You have a lot to look forward to this year and the way you understand and handle your TS you will do fine.

If you ever need to bounce a idea or concern around about school and others reactions this is a good place to come. Most experiences others have already had so the tools that work for some can also work for you in dealing with others reactions.

Take care!
    PJK

another reason I am looking forward to school is cause I have this idea for a game making project and we sell the games to make extra money for the school plus I think it would be fun

Bigwater

It is great to have such good friends that will rally around you. I'm glad you shared your story and you are right, sometimes people just don't get it.

How is it for you this week?
    PJK