Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Here

Default New Here

Hi! My name is Kim. I'm an American citizen, married to a Canadian citizen. We're living in British Columbia right now, trying to get my immigration papers through. Amazing slow process :p In the meantime, I'm not allowed to work. Lots of long, empty days with no routine. It's driving me crazy and bringing a lot of little TS gremlins out of the woodwork! I'm having issues with comorbid conditions I've never even heard of! So I thought I better start networking and finding some answers. So here I am.

I look forward to getting to know people and sharing experiences!

Default New Here

Welcome aboard! -- both to the TSFC forums, and to Canada!

I hope you stick around and share some of your experiences. There are lots of people here eager to help out with their own advice, so keep an eye out for forum threads that interest you.
    Colin

Default New Here

Hi Kim:

Welcome to the bulletin board!

I know you'll find lots of information and networking here.

We also have a couple of TSFC chapters in the province you can check out if you are in the area.

Do you know how long you have to wait until all the paperwork, etc. is processed?
    Cathy
    Forum Moderator
    TSFC Homepage

Default New Here

Hello Kim and welcome to the TSFC Forum.

Glad you found us...feel free to jump into any ongoing discussion or start one of your own.

Had you had contact with any local support services for Tourette in the U.S.?

You're in the friendliest Tourette Forum in Cyberspace..and we'll be looking forward to your participation!

Default New Here

Welcome Kim

I am gald you found us. Post any question you want. If you are having problems that you want to share with us then check out the various forum topics and feel free to start a topic on anything you want to share.

looking forward to your participation
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Default New Here

My paperwork is a mystery. Supposedly I should hear from them by January 1st. At that time, if everything went PERFECTLY, I should get a work permit. However, I haven't spoken to a single immigrant from the STates who HASN'T had their paperwork lost That's a bit worrisome. But once I get my work permit, then there's a nother 6 months or so of interviews, extra fees, and several rolls of red tape. Then they will finally give me my PR status.

But all I'm concerned about for now is the work permit. I need a routine so bad! Not to mention just living on my husband's income is getting impossible and putting too much pressure on him (he's such a saint).

Yes, I've been in contact with the TSFC chapter in the Vancouver area. I've been corresponding daily with one of the members. She's been an amazing source of support and encouragement! I'm really hoping to get involved with the kids in the Foundation.

Default New Here

Glad to hear you made contact with the Vancouver Chapter....in response to the question I was asking in another discussion.

From this contact you should be able to widen your network of friends in your new city.

Are you able to keep in contact with your friends and family from your previous home through the magic of email?

Default New Here

Hola! *waving*

Default New Here

Hi Kim, I'm glad you found us. I hope we can help you with some of your problems (I wished we'd be able to light a fire under those bureaucrat's butts as well, but unfortunately, that's not something we can help with). Welcome to this great forum!
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).