Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polar Bears

Default Polar Bears

I've been asked why my avatar is a photo of a polar bear cub, so I am providing a photo of the mural this little cub inspired.

By clicking on the WWW icon at the bottom of this message, you'll see the mural painted by artist Wellington White on the back of our motorcoach.

The mural is an original, so if you see us driving along the road, please honk and wave! 8) :D

What's the story behind your avatar?

Default Polar Bears

Steve
    This is a beautiful mural. How much time do you spend in your coach? Do you use it just for travel or more than that?
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Default Polar Bears

Janet,

Thanks Janet! We enjoy sharing it.

We were fulltiming for eight years after we stopped working, sold the house etc. We needed a permanent home base again, so we are part time fulltimers now.

Our escape to the South will take place shortly, which is our answer to avoid winterizing the coach.

Default Polar Bears

Steve, I don't see the link to the mural! I'd love to see it, too.

Well, the story behind my avatar is simple: It's ME! :shock:
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Default Polar Bears

Uschi,

The link is in the Website icon at the bottom of the message window. I don't have a website, but instead just placed the URL of the picture in the WWW field.

Default Polar Bears

Oh, goodness (hitting my forehead in unbelief), that's just typical! Often I look right at something and don't see it. Of course it's in plain view! :oops:

Anyway, it really is beautiful.
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Default Polar Bears

Very pretty!!!
    My avatar, which is temporarily out of commission, is a bat.
    as a child, I was obsessively afraid of death. At age 9, I saw that movie with George Hamilton "Love Bites" and because obsessed with vampires because they 'lived forever'... so, I wanted to become one. Anyway, I got over my intense fear of death, but I still like bats. :D

Default Polar Bears

Well, once I get an avatar up, it will be a pic of the Detroit Lions logo (which is just a blue lions) Football is my life and I am there biggest fan!
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Default Polar Bears

Thanks! I missed little 'batty'. LOL ;)