Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I SURVIVED IT!!!

Default I SURVIVED IT!!!

Well, its almost 2 and I can say I survived my 7th black friday(from the sales associate side) in a row! It was like the chasing of the bulls, they were the bulls, I was the......chaser guy......thingy! Anyways, hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving (canadian or american), and had a fun time shopping if you did any!
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Default I SURVIVED IT!!!

Hey Adam!

I admire your bravery in facing down those Black Friday shoppers!

My plan was to get over to Staples for a couple of items that were really interesting, but when I drove into the parking lot at 5:45 the line extended around the store to the back.

I couldn't face that, so I drove back home and stayed there all day.

The deals didn't seem to be as worthwhile this year as I had seen in the past, and in the weeks ahead I expect to be able to pick up some of the stuff I need.

In fact last week I picked up a hard drive at CompUsa for the same price (with rebates) as they were advertising for Black Friday {sigh}

So I figure I did OK on that one.

In what type of store do you work?

Steve

Default I SURVIVED IT!!!

I work in a department store. Originally we were called daytons, then changed to marshall fields and in the spring we will be bought out and change to a macy's. We sell mostly clothes and home items but I work in our matteresse dept, although we didnt have too many matt. buyers fri. I just helped other dept. But its a job that gets me by until Im done with school next year! :D
    The other day at a local grocery store, I saw a rack with books on it and one of them said, "pregancy for dummies"............

Default I SURVIVED IT!!!

Sounds like great working experience. I worked in several department store sales jobs in my early years while attending school. I really enjoyed it and it provided a solid basis for later career moves.