Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gluten Intolerance

Default Gluten Intolerance

I accidentally (through stupidity on my part) glutened myself today
    Oh my! sorry to hear that, Uschi! Hope you feel better soon.

Uschi:

Feel better soon....
    PJK

Thanks, Steve and PJK. It could be a while (up to two weeks) before I feel better. Today I am aching, including a bad backache, and I have diarrhea. Amazing, what one little mistake can do when it comes to Celiac disease! :?

But I had been wondering what would happen if I cheat 'just a little bit', and now I know (even though it wasn't even intentional). I certainly won't ever eat gluten on purpose again in my life!

My tics are worse, too, and so are the autistic symptoms, and I feel irritable. Of course, gluten effects the brain, too.
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Uschi,

Despite the discomfort you are enduring these days, it's good to hear that you are keeping in touch.

Were you ever able to get some gluten free recipes?

What are your plans for Weinach Fest?

Steve

Uschi:

Have you tried this website? http://www.glutenfree.com/

They seem to have a lot of options and free downloads. I cruised around first and found it interesting. Maybe it would give you some options.

I hope you can get past this over the next couple weeks and am sure everything else will balance out when you do. The body always gets stressed when you get sick or have a reaction to something. TS seems to feed on stress, physical & emotional. I've seen this in my son.

Hope to hear from you soon. Take Care...
    PJK

Thanks, PJK, yes, I have checked out that site, as well as several others. I am also a member in a forum on www.celiac.com , they are very helpful and knowledgeable, as well as a great German 'Zoeliakie' forum (what a crazy way of saying Celiac Syndrome, I couldn't believe it when I saw it).

I have also bought several books I am wading through. So, in typical AS fashion, I have thrown myself completely into Celiac research now. Which in this case is necessary, because I need to do this right, because a little mistake has big consequences.

I am starting to feel better, though. I just wished that Christmas wasn't so stressful! It's the most stressful time of the year for me. Too much excitement, too many people, too much visiting, noise, lights etc. It's very overwhelming for me, and it usually takes me many weeks to recover afterwards.
    German citizen, married to a Canadian for 28 years, four daughters, one son, eight grandchildren (and one on the way).

Uschi:

Are you able to control some of outings and schedules to help?

I know it overwhelms me and although I have a little anxiety I deal with I get stuck with a very large family and gatherings and can't leave. You will find me on a sofa somewhere knitting and listening to the TV on those days. :roll:
    PJK