Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What do you have planned for New Years?

Default What do you have planned for New Years?

Everyone has traditions for New Years. Some even make resolutions for the New Year.

We celebrate with a small family group early and have ours at home watching the ball drop.

Some years we have old friends over. We even have a wedding in the making from the results of one of our parties.

My son likes to stay up and watch a classic movie. It is something I do with him together as a tradition while everyone else goes to bed.

What are your plans this year?
    PJK

PJK,

Our tradition has been really low key, so it's usually quiet. We will probably get together with a few couples here in our snowbird community.

I have trouble with loud music type New Years Eve dances and parties and prefer being able to chat with friends without having to yell over the noise...maybe part of getting old(er) :P

My son likes to stay up and watch a classic movie. It is something I do with him together as a tradition while everyone else goes to bed
    It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your son, and I'm sure he appreciates your love and dedication.

Have you noticed how many of the TV commercials capitalize on peoples' desire for making resolutions by promoting all the diet and exercise aids and smoking reduction programs. However they get old pretty fast

Happy New Year and lots of good health in '06!

Steve

Steve:

TV commercials do capitalize on peoples' desire for making resolutions. In the process they get people to join programs to drop the holiday pounds and focus on peoples insecurities.

Obviously I do not think that is right and it sets people up to make commitments to themselves for the wrong reasons, especially if they are not really ready to make real change in life. Everything seems to be a quick fix in today's society.

I like running from that sort of thing... :lol:

We are not big on large parties ourselves, especially with children over the years. I grew up that way and the crowd was so thick I could not swim through the groups to find my parents to say goodnight.

We are big on small groups or one couple...

Enjoy the warmth and have a great New Year too!
    PJK