Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Whole Body Shudders

Default Whole Body Shudders

I wasn't sure what section to post this in under tics since it includes all body parts, so I put it here.

Recently I have had a more frequent tic that, although I have had it in the past, has been much worse lately. What it entails is making my entire body shudder starting at the top of my neck all the way down, usually stopping just past my waist. Sometimes in order to satisfy the urge, my shudder alone wont work and I have to place my hand on my neck with my head down and push while shuddering, and then it will be satisfied. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of tic?

It is a pain, as it is rather obvious since it is my entire body, and although i can suppress it, it takes a long time to release the tics when I get a chance because it can't be repeated rapidly.
    Steph
    ~be a miracle~

Steph:

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing all the "bad ones" lately.

Are you getting enough rest lately?

Are exams stressing you out?

Have you tried yoga to relax your body? It also relaxes my entire system and gives me energy through the day.

Please keep us posted....again my son has this one too..Something always triggers them to gang up on him.

Usually all the bad ones happen is spurts with him and I know how it makes him feel, so I can imagine what a pain it is for you..

Take care,
    PJK

Hi Steph

You had said this was a busy time of year so is this what happens when you are really busy, do you think? Or is it the first time that your tics have been this bad?
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

PJK,

Thanks for your concern. I am probably not getting enough sleep, but I am getting as much sleep as I usually do, so that has not changed. My school is nonsemestered so we do not actually have exams right now, and I have not really been too stressed out lately so I am not sure where they are coming from. I have heard that yoga is good for this, but unfortunately I do not have the time to do yoga, as I live an incredibly busy lifestyle with all of my sports and school work, and barely find time as it is to come on the forum. Hopefully someday I will be able to try it though, because I have heard it does help! I think it is especially bothering me because it is something that sort of freaks people out with you constantly shuddering (since barely anyone knows about my TS). Hopefully it will get better soon though! Thank you!

Janet,

It is one of my busiest times of the year, but I am used to it and have been about this busy for awhile now...I cannot remember my tics ever being this bad before however, so I am not sure what has brought them on or when they will go away but hopefully they will be gone soon because I don't know what I can change that will help them leave. Thanks for your concern!
    Steph
    ~be a miracle~

Steph:

You may just be going through a phase that will change in time. My son's tics come & go. Sometimes the periods seem so long, especially with the kind you are experiencing.

I also can relate to the frustration and balance you are trying to find. I see this with my son too.

I hope you take the time to try yoga, I've been very pleased with it. We have a program on TV we can watch three times a day, having satellite.

Now that I am use to doing it, I can enjoy it for 10 minutes in the morning and right before bed. When I have time I will do a entire 1/2 hr session. That is not often anymore with my busy schedule.

Take care..
    PJK