Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What is Pyramid Test?

Default What is Pyramid Test?

Hi I am curious to find out if anyone could give me some info on a test called pyramid. We go to Dr Pearce soon for this test and it is about 2 hours long and I am wondering if anyone has heard of this and what we can expect.

Thanks Jams

Sorry Jams

I have never heard of it. Perhaps someone will join in who has. I'd be curious to find it what it was too. What info did your doctor give you about this test?
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Jams,

You have introduced an interesting question and we are in the process of consulting with our resources to get more information.

My initial research indicates it is a form of psychological evaluation:

[Personality diagnosis with the Color Pyramid Test and the Thematic Apperception Test (TAT)]
    [size=9px]Jadwig D, Rauchfleisch U.
    Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol. 1982 Sep;32(5):137-40[/size].

As soon as more information is received, it will be passed along.

When is your daughter's appointment and what is Dr. Pearce's specialty?

Default Daughter with TS

All we know about pyramid test is that it is a 2 hour test no other info was given.
    We go for this test on Mar 15 to toronto western hosp with Dr Pearce who is our TS Dr. I think her title is phychiatrist .

I am looking forward to any more info anyone has.

Thanks again Jams

Is Dr Pearce with the Tourettes Clinic at TWH? We were there in Jan with Dr Sandor. But a pyramid test was never mentioned. We had to fill out many many pages of questionairres dealing with TS, OCD, background and things like that. I would like to know as well as we go back in April for a medicine follow-up.
    Thanks Rose

Jams,

There are a number of tests that could qualify and a few more details might help narrow it down.

Let us know if Dr. Pearce is associated with the Tourette Clinic at TWH and would you confirm the Hospital or institution where the test will be administered.

Dr Pearce who is our TS Dr. I think her title is phychiatrist
    It would help to know exactly the specialty of Dr. Pearce...Psychiatrist, Neurologist or Psychologist.

With this information we may be able to get specific information about the Pyramid Test.

We are fascinated by this as it is new to us and we would be eager to learn more about it.

Thanks for bringing the Pyramid Test to our attention.

Default Daughter with TS Pyramid Test

Dr Pearce is a Neurologist (i remember her saying she was a head dr.) and we are doing the pyramid test at Toronto Western Hospital and she will be doing the test TWH on Mar 15. We are also going to be addressing some of the seperation anxiety on that day.
    I will share all info I can with you after we go.

Thanks again Jams

Default Daughter with TS Pyramid test

Rose

I too had an enormous amount of forms questionares and more to fill out myself also I had forms and info I needed from the teacher.
    Second apt was abit of info and then a neurological stuff like reflexes, bending, stretching and running . after the tests we discussed a few things and we went home with another pile of info to read.
    So I am finding this to be an exhasting process

Jams

We had to fill out the questionnaire and bring it with us for our first appointment. We also had to bring all of his school report cards from kingergarten up to Grade 11. We saw a neurologist, Dr Pringsheim, who went over the questionnaire with us. At the same time she observed Glenn doing his habits, as he thought she was talking to me and he relaxed. Right away she agreed that he had TS, but also OCD, but she also thinks I have OCD as well by some of the answers I had given. We also did a quick physical like you had done. After that the three of us sat down with Dr Sandor, a child psychiatrist, Dr Pringsheim gave her analysis of what she read and observed and Dr Sandor watched Glenn, again doing his habits. He agreed with the diagnosis. They were also concerned as to why he was on 2 anti-psychotic drugs, Risperdal and Seroquel. He told us to wean Glenn off of Seroquel slowly. Our next visit was for the neurologist to see how my son was doing with just Risperdal and to ask more questions. She gave us a prescrition for an new med and in April we see Dr Sandor again to see how Glenn is doing. Not much change so far but we were told it takes 6 to 8 weeks. Yes it is exhausting.
    Rose