Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Who is ready for spring?

Default Who is ready for spring?

I don't know about anyone else but I am ready for some sunshine and flowers...

I keep waiting for spring and it just does not seem to want to come our way.

Who else is ready to get their hands dirty in the flower beds?

What do you enjoy about the season?
    PJK

We still have a mountain of snow here!!!

Spring won't happen here for awhile yet however, I can't wait to start gardening.

Next year I am going to move to the country so that I have more room to garden.

PJK could you please explain the picture you have in your posts, it is unusual. Steph

Spring for us means migrating back to Canada from Central Florida. In fact our preparations for the trip have begun, and we expect to be spending Easter with family.

Though I am not a gardener (anymore) I do look forward to spring flowers...especially the tulips.

I've been watching winter conditions in online news reports and on various web-cams, and see how this winter has been very uncomfortable...especially in Eastern Canada.

Anyone experience winter in the West?

Steve

see how this winter has been very uncomfortable...especially in Eastern Canada.
    Steve you are right... and boy oh boy are we ever ready to see some signs of spring here. I just updated my avatar to show you how high the snow is piled in my driveway. This is my husband stood at the base of the snow "mountain" with two of my boys on top of it ( at the end of my driveway Steph is right too... spring fro us is a long way away.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

This is my husband stood at the base of the snow "mountain"
    Gasp!! Is that a very tall pile of snow, or is your husband a very short man :?: :?:

There must be concerns about flooding with all that snow!

Is that a very tall pile of snow, or is your husband a very short man
    He is average height 5'8"

The weather is pretty cold and last night we had freezing rain. To go to work this am I had to chisel layers of ice off the windows of my van... it hit the ground like glass... so much fun.

There hasn't been much talk about concern for flooding but if the weather suddenly turns mild or if we get hit with a heavy rain... which is also typical for out weather then many households will be in trouble. We bought this older house and have lived here 8 years, it has never had any flooding problems to date... but with this much snow on my lawn and back garden, anything is possible
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

We had our first warm day here and it was wonderful. Warm is 45 f

The snow is melted from all the rain and I worked in the yard today and cleaned out the garage. The bench is on the porch again and most of the lights are down off the gutters.
    I am to short to reach the ones off the porch by myself, so I have to wait for that to be done. (on my Honey do list) :lol:

My son helped me in the yard and we raked to raise the wet sod so hopefully it will dry.
    My mother lives in the southeastern part of the US and the bulbs have already come up despite the off and on spring weather.

Steph,

To answer your question. The pic I use is one of a precious little girl that belongs to a friend of mine. We call her our little princess and she truly is.

Most people think it is not real but she is and we all adore her. When I see her she makes me smile and only think good thoughts.
    I hoped by putting her pic here others would see the more gentle side of life and understand that I care.

I like the pic of your son, he was so cute.. I have a friend that is a photographer and takes pictures of babies in outfits like pumpkins, cabbage patches..etc. I am sure you have seen them before, there is a calendar out with them.

Thanks for noticing...every child is precious and full of gifts.
    PJK

PJK,

Are you saying your friend is the photographer Anne Geddes?

I love her work!!

She is very creative and her pictures are beautiful. Steph

Steph:

I seriously doubt it though my friends work is beautiful and she has donated it to raise money in the past.

Her photographer name and author name (she writes children books too) she uses are not her real name.
    PJK