Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: some Tics feel like a better release than others?

Default some Tics feel like a better release than others?

I have this up my eybrow forhead tic ...its the one I do the most and when I let it out it looks like im startled or scared and its embarressing when I let it out like the fulll version of it i feel so much more satisfied then when I try to hide it I do mini ones..but if i do those its like a series of them. But sometimes of course I jus have no control and let out the fullt hing. Anyone else feel or have that or feel liek that with there tics?
    I also scrunch my eyes and roll them up and to the side and around then scrunch ha. The harder i scrunch the better of a release it is....And alot of the time they jus come ina huge series if i hold it in to long or try to do many ones. The more powerful the tic is the better of a release it feels....Those are my daily every second tics...But if im stressed....i turn my head to one side. If im excited I let out a coughing grunting sound and kinda a mix of them all if I get excited its like sudden and im not prepared the tics jus hit me and i cant stop it i mean im happy lol. If I get into something like my guitar no tics or if im concentrating no tics. But when im relating to ppl tic tic tic time. Anyone else?? Wanna share what your tics are like for you ? Id like to hear
    ~Alley

Hi Alley,

My son has no or very little control over his tics. The only time he will try and hide them is at school, so when he gets home the tics are very strong.

Please don't be embarrased to tic because you can't help it.

Lets compare TS with another disease, diabetes and every time you measured your blood sugar would you be embarrased? No, you would be encouraged to be an active participant in your health care! I have seen people faint because of the sight of blood!! Now that is embarrasing!

It is common with Tourette Syndrome that if you are concentrating so much on one thing that tics will actually stop for a little while. This also happens while you sleep and at other times.

My son changes his mind over his TS all the time. Some days it don't bother him and other days he finds it fustrating.

IMO that is what life feels like for all of us. Life is good some days and not so good other days. Steph

hmm,, well.. in my experience, i can do very small tics for a maximum of 20 mins. but after 20 mins, i will let out a huge sound that can be heard from one end to the other of the school, that happens when i hold them in,

anw, there are in my opinion things i called *perfect tics* where if i do the right sound my body will feel alot better then if i just do a pitifull sound, the perfect tic is very rare, once in 100, wich in m y case is once every 3 mins when i got my crises

Default Re: some Tics feel like a better release than others?

Oh yeah. You can only bring out the big guns when your alone in your bedroom or your car or something. I am all about the mini tics. But they just don't cut it. When I'm at work I have to pull off mini tics all the time. Just something to hold me over for a few seconds until no one is looking and I can whip out an all over the face kind of a tic. The best is when the urge is so strong that I put my hand over my eyes, pretending like I am rubbing my head from exaustion, and I throw a nice big eye tic on under that hand. It's never enough. The demon always wants more. You can mini tic all you want, it'll never be enough.:o
    Check out my tic ridden blog:
    http://ticticticboom.blogspot.com/