Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Andrew has entered the forum

Default Andrew has entered the forum

Hey There!!!

Joined the board today and am hoping to get to see some peoples views on TS and see how others cope. I have written articles for the Globe & Mail and stared in a doucmeantry on OCD/Tourettes (OCD: The War Inside). If you want any further info on the video or want the articles I'll be happy to provide them free of cost (however the doc. is not my department to sell... NFB will sell a copy for 20 dollars). I have overcome obstacles in life which in the past would have been consdiered questionable by many. Through the support of family, doctors, and friend, I have been able to graduate from high school, obtaing a high school diplomia from Eagle Hill School (an amazing school in the States... I boarded there on my own will which was a great expeiernce). I have was diagonsied at 9 years of age and although my concerns seem controled, there is always tweaking to be done.

Ask me anything you want and I will try to be the best helpI can (regarding TS and OCD).

Anyway, glad to be part of the TS forum.

Later,
    Andrew
    Andrew W. Stewart<br />Toronto, Ontario<br />Canada<br />&quot;The first problems we must solve are our own&quot;

Welcome Andrew

I am glad you found us. There are many people who participate regularly on this forum and most are very willing to share their stories, experiences and strategies. I look forward to hearing some of the things you have done over the years that have contributed to your success. I hope you will visit us often. Feel free to read through the many topics and post any new topics for discussion.

cheers
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the TSFC forum, we are happy that you have joined us.

How long have you been writing for the Globe & Mail? You should feel very proud to be such an accomplished writer!

Please tell us about the obstacles that you have overcome and how you did it, we would love to hear from you.

Keep us posted. Steph

Again Welcome!
    PJK

Default The Globe and more

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I am not actually a writer for the Globe & Mail, but write more for the Facts & Arguments page. I believe writing can turn your feelings ino a new way of looking at obstacles in life that may not only affect you, but others that care for you and even the people that are bystanders. I hope my pieces of writing help out others and make a difference in the world. I am also really into computers, where I hold a part time job at CAMH in the IT department. If you have any computer related issues please feel free to ask. I have one many awards with my computer knowledge and hope it brings a good job to me as life goes on, considering I'm only 18. I am planning on earning my network security certfication in the near future, but am holding off while I finish other computer related tasks up. I also run and own a web site (www.okbluejay.com). It am redoing it so it won't look like to much yet. Anyway thank you all again for the warm welcome and I look forward to helping out those in need of support and hopefully get to hear other peoples stories of their life struggles and/or comebacks.

-A
    Andrew W. Stewart<br />Toronto, Ontario<br />Canada<br />&quot;The first problems we must solve are our own&quot;

Hi Andrew,

You can make a difference by reaching out to others with Tourette Syndrome I believe that you are helping others.

It is great that you already have your career chosen and is working toward your goals. I think that computer skills are something that either comes very naturally or is a struggle to gain competence in. Personally I struggle with it a bit.

We look forward to hearing from you. Steph

Hey Andrew I wanted to say Hi and always welcome.
    Sounds like you've been on a rough road through the past. I admire you for not only your outcome individually but also for your will too help otherz. That's great :D . See ya around on the boardz!
    ~Alley

Hey, good to meet you! :D