Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hello everybody.

Default hello everybody.

wanted to say hi, i have a daughter of 12 who was dx with tourettes, ocd, add,anxiety and depression last year, she has motor and vocal tics, she also self harms. at the moment we live in england but are hoping to move to winnipeg soon and would like any info on schools in the area that maybe sympathetic to tourettes.

isabelle hasn't had a good experience of school in england, she has been bullied badly and the school failed to tackle it effectively, so she ended up a social outcast, and experienced a sort of breakdown where she was hallucinating, so had to be hositalisedfor 8 weeks in a secure childrens hospital.

isabelle is a bright girl and is above average at school, but the hospital said that emotionally shes about 8yrs, making it difficult to interact with her own peer group.

anyway, the last year has been a steep learning curve, with loads of ups and downs for all the family as ts doesn't just affect the suffer but all of those that love them as well.

best wishes to you all, and i'm looking forward to getting to know you all

Default hello everybody.

Welcome to the TSFC Forum Creamcrackered!

We are pleased you found us and will look forward to your participation.

Feel free to join in any ongoing discussion or start one of your own. Let us know how we can help.

Default hello everybody.

Welcome!

Looks like you've got quite the story to tell -- I look forward to your input around the forums.
    Colin

Default hello everybody.

Welcome to our forum

I hope you stop by often so we can get to know you. There are many great people on here with stories to tell and strategies to share.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Default hello everybody.

Hi Creamcrackered,

Welcome to the TSFC website, we are happy that you found us.

There is a Tourette Syndrome support group in Winnipeg for support resources in your community and click Here for the address.

Now that you have a diagnosis, how has your family been coping? How has your daughter come to terms with her diagnosis?

It is wonderful that you are actively seeking more information about TS and its effects on your daughter.

The TSFC also has an inservice program for schools. Here is the contact for more information.

We have many discussions on various tics throughout the body in the tic parade. Please jump into any discussion that you want or start a new one.

You are not alone and we are always here to talk to and give support to you and your family.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Default hello everybody.

Hi! I hope you have a safe move and are able to get your daughter in a better situation school-wise. Good to have you here.

Default hello everybody.

Welcome and I am glad you found us.

My son too has experienced issues at school in the past due to his TS+ and the lack of education from staff.

You may want to consider contacting the local chapter where you will move and have them schedule an in service program for staff and students at her new school.

This program made a major difference in the introduction of my son to a new school and he has developed into a more adjusted students with no melt downs, upsets and few tics.
    We also provided a slow intro to the school were he did not attend the entire day at first to stabilize anxiety issues and develop positive social skills. He is also 12 and living with a confirmed diagnosis.

In our case the programs were held on a day he did not attend and it was approached generally and never singled him out to other students.

I hope you are able to join in and post your own experiences on other topics. We are here to support you through your journey.

Take care
    PJK