Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Jaw Cracking

legaspi89

Default Jaw Cracking

I cant stop cracking my Jaw. Please Help''''

legaspi89

Default Jaw Cracking

Its a bad habit i have of cracking my jaw. I stay up all night cracking my jaw.
    And if i try my best of not cracking my jaw when i'm in bed, i still cant sleep.
    Could this possibly be a tic?

Default Jaw Cracking

Hey Legs
    I understand your frustration I was actually thinking about posting about this too. I know that my jaw popping is a tic and yours sounds like a tic too. I'm on medication that makes me sleep at night so I'm not sure what to say!! But i'll tell you what helps me put my tics at ease while gowing to sleep and I can only hope that it helps you too. It can't be completely quiet or i'll tic I go to sleep with music on. I know this sounds dumb but jus try and relax. If it's hurting u a heating pad might help. I hope you ind some relief soon...
    best wishes
    ~Alley

Default Jaw Cracking

Hi Legaspi89,

Welcome to the TSFC website, we are happy that you found us.

There is Tourette Syndrome support groups all across Canada click Here for support groups in your community.

Have you been diagnosed with TS? Do you have other movements?

How long have you been cracking your jaw? Do you feel that cracking your jaw is a bad habit or do you feel that you have to do it?

Could this possibly be a tic?
    It is always best to go to your doctor and discuss your concerns with them but we do have discussions on various tics throughout the body. Please jump into any discussion that you want or start a new one.

You are not alone and we are always here to talk to and give support to you and your family.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Default Jaw Cracking

I have popped my jaw for years now. Yea, it's a tic.

I don't do it for the joy or pleasure - it hurts most times.
    Darin M. Bush, The Tourette Tiger, author of "Tiger Trails"
    http://www.facebook.com/tourettetiger

Default Jaw Cracking

hey I was wonderin to all my fellow jaw poppers if...You have done damage to your jaw like TMJ or summin? I can barly eat anymore b/c my jaw locks on me and i have to unlock it more then eating itself. It locks all the time and if its like during a tic my tic forces it to go were it doesnt wanna and it hurts like hell. And the tic wont stop cuz it wants it to pop bk in a way were it wont!!
    Alley

Default Jaw Cracking

Hi Alley,

I would go see your family doctor about your jaw because sometimes it might seem to be TS but occasionally it is something else.

Let us know how it goes at the doctor.

Default Re: Jaw Cracking

I would recommend a good chiropractor. They have some practical experience in the movement of the bones and muscles, kind of like going to an ENT for an ear ache. I've been going to a chiropractor most of my life, and it's really helped when the tics have gotten really out of control.

Also, a lot of good chiropractors may be able to provide relaxation, stretching, and basic lifestyle information on reducing wear and tear, and reducing STRESS. One of their goals is to keep you out of surgery.
    Darin M. Bush, The Tourette Tiger, author of "Tiger Trails"
    http://www.facebook.com/tourettetiger