Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hi

Default hi

Hi my name is Libby. my nine year old son has TS and was diagnosed at age seven. He also has OCD and ADHD. I also have a seven year old daughter just recently diagnosed with OCD and a tic disorder. We live in Cedar Falls Iowa. I'd love to meet many people.
    Libby

Default hi

Welcome Libby

I'm glad you found our forum. I'm sure you will get your wishes filled... there are many people on-line with our forum who are willing to share their experiences and stories. Feel free to check out the various sections of our forum, there are separate sections for parents that you may enjoy.

Hope you visit us often.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Default Hi

Hi Janet,
    Thank you for your reply. It's funny, I found this site by accadent. a couple of months ago the local news paper did a story on my son because I was trying to promote TS awareness. I found this site by accadent and saw my sons article was on this site and I thought that was pretty neat.
    Libby

Default hi

Hi Libby

I found this site by accadent and saw my sons article was on this site and I thought that was pretty neat.
    I just posted a reply to your question in your other post in the parents section. I am glad you are okay with us sharing your story with the masses :D Our mission is all about awareness and acceptance. I look forward to you taking an active part in discussions in this forum.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Default hi

Thank you! I'm going through a divorce right now and I'm going to need lots of support on helping my kids deal with this. Nick does not do well with change at all but oddly seems to be doing fine with this so far. you know how touretters can be when it comes to big huge change in life. Do you know of anyone who has a child with TS that has gone through a divorce? I'd like to know how thier child handeld it and hopfuly get some advice.
    Libby

Default hi

Libby

It is great to see you on the forum and I am glad you found us.

My son has major concerns with change too, and I guess it is a mixture of the ADHD and TS, anxiety.

I have gone down the road you are traveling and find it is best to keep your explanations or concerns short, don't weigh the child down with particulars and try to keep a good relationship for the child's sake when possible.
    Unfortunately any child is like a sponge and they pick up on all the stresses and frustrations even if they are not directly confronted with them so keep it in mind and share as much time together as possible. Even walks work well to relieve the troubles and give him some exercise.

I hope you are able to spend some time on the forum and am sure you will find a lot of support and answers to your questions.

I can relate to your school environment too, I think it is great they will be having some educational programs for staff. We have in service programs here that seem to work well. They certainly did for my son this year.

Look forward to your return and welcome!
    PJK