Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hi

Default hi

hi my name is evan I hate tourrettes especially with my head shaking tick it hurts a lot I have a new one where I throw my head backwards got any tips to help me with that?

Default hi

Hi Evan,

Welcome to the TSFC Forum. Have you been diagnosed by a doctor as having Tourette and how long ago were you diagnosed?

Sometimes tics cause discomfort, so you may wish to speak with your doctor to see if there are ways the discomfort can be reduced.

In what part of the world are you located? City and State or Province are sufficient.

Hope you find the Forum helpful.

Default hi

Evan

Welcome to the TSFC forum.

I can relate to what you are describing for my son has this happen and it can be very painful when it continues. For him it causes headaches, more stress and raises his frustration level.

In the winter he wears the hooded pull overs and rolls the hood up around his neck. This helps it from snapping back as far as usual.

In the summer we do not have a solution other then lay down and relax stacking the pillows on the sofa flat. Changing position seems to help him.

Stress seems to push his over the edge and thankfully this motor tic has not surfaced in a couple months.

We also cut all the dark soda's out of his diet and reducing the sugar/caffeine seems to make a difference for him with his motor tics.

You may find some ideas from others in the treatment section or the tic parade section of the forum.
    What you are describing is common for some people.

Have you tried anything that seems to give you some relief so far?

Look forward to your reply and glad you found us.
    PJK

Default hi

Well actually my mom found you guys yes I have been diagnosed with tourettes I was diagnosed 3 months ago but we have been guessing about it for about a year I am located in quebec I think I will enjoy this forum I also have OCD and anxiety disorder or something like that

Default hi

Glad your Mom helped find us!

In Quebec there is an English Chapter of TSFC which meets at St. Mary's Hospital each month.

There is also a French language support in many parts of the province.

Contact information for the English speaking Chapter is HERE

Default hi

the closest chapters is in ottawa

Default hi

the closest chapters is in ottawa
    The Ottawa Chapter is on vacation for the summer but will resume their meetings in September at the Royal Ottawa Hospital.

Support meetings are held every second Tuesday of each month 7:30?9:00 pm, except July and August, at:

Royal Ottawa Hospital (ROH)
    Lady Grey Building, Room 2014
    1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON
    The Royal Ottawa is located near Carling and the Queensway?Kirkwood Avenue exit, just east of Westgate shopping centre.)

The Lady Gray building entrance is on the west side of the hospital complex. Look for signs in the building ? meetings are usually held on the second floor.

Consider coming by with your Mom!

Default hi

Evan:

You can still find support here and you may find a local chapter opening up as you meet more people with TS in time.

TSFC members have joined together in small communities in the past to provide a support network so anything is possible.

My son has TS+ too. The anxiety part plays a big roll in the motor tics you are describing for him. It has taken some time but once he better understood TS and learned to manage his anxiety better the major motor tics stopped surfacing unless he was really maxed out.

Do you find they settle down when you are focused on one thing?

Reading is my son's main resource to stop the neck jerking when it is bad.
    It seems to relax him.

I am glad your mom found the forum for you. I am still working on getting my son on regularly. This forum is a good place for teenagers and we have some great teen members.

Oh, by the way...I really like your Avatar...I recognize him from the show my son watches late at night. I find myself stopping to watch it too.

Take care.
    PJK

Default hi

Hi there

I think your avatar is pretty cool. I too have a 14 year old son who has TS. I think he needs to log in and start meeting people like yourself. We are in Newfoundland and were at the TSFC conference last October in Montreal. It was my son's first trip to Montreal and he loved it.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College