Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Received diagnosis today

Default Received diagnosis today

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that my son received a diagnosis of TS this morning. I can't say that I am surprised. I was even expecting it. It is still odd to hear those words, though. We had an hour long visit and the doctor was very interested in how we wanted to deal with it. He didn't push medication, but suggested clonodine to start with at a low dose if we go that route. We have to go back in 2 months and give him our decision about the meds and for another checkup. His tics have lessened in general for the summer except for the 2 times we went on vacation. Once to Disney and this past weekend, to the beach. As soon as we got to the beach on Friday, by evening he was ticcing very much. It has slowed a bit since we came back. Also, he wasn't diagnosed with any comorbid condtions so we are grateful for that. I have a lot of information to read from the doctor about TS. That will keep me busy for a little while.
    Well, I just wanted to keep you posted. If I need any advice, I know you'll be hear to help.

Thanks.

Grammy

Grammy,

Thank you for sharing your news. We'll be eager to hear about your progress, and it would be great if you would also share some of the info you have garnered from the material your doctor provided.

What information resources did your doctor provide? Is there anything you would recommend for other parents to get hold of in the material you received.

Your knowledge and recent experience can be of great value to other Forum members, so I hope you will continue making the TSFC Forum part of your online activities.

Hi Grammy

Thanks for the update. I too would be interested in any info your doctors have shared. Stay connected and let us know if we can help you with anything.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College