Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: neck

Default neck

I am curios I have this tic where I fling my neck back do you think I should get a brace for my neck?

Default neck

Evan:

My son has this tic too and sometimes changing positions helps and relaxing.
    It can be painful and there are some tips about it on the tic parade section of the forum.

I don't think a brace would help as it is a internal response but my son wears hoodies during the winter to provide some more cushion to bounce off of and avoid his neck from snapping all the way back during the winter.
    PJK

Default neck

good advice

Default neck

I have kinda the same tic. Except I twitch to the sides, it does hurt from time to time. I just let it happen, just to get it over with. Most times I don't really have to do the specified tic. But when I do feel I have to twitch... well everyone who has a head twitch knows how it feels. I haven't really ticed for awhile now, but today i did, and I felt relieved that I remember what it feels like to twitch.

Default help

my neck tic is getting much worse and it hurts a lot my head is throbbing

Default Re: neck

I have had this same neck tic before, and I found that when I was home if I wrapped a scarf tightly around my neck--but not too tight! :P--then my neck sort of relaxed and had a decreased need to tic I guess.

I also know what you're talking about with having your head hurt from it, but with my experience the headaches and pains lessen as your body gets used to having this tic and adjusts itself. As usual, this tic will get better eventually, but I hope it's not too painful for you in the meantime.
    Steph
    ~be a miracle~

thanks for the advice

Anytime! How has this tic been for you lately? Hopefully better!
    Steph
    ~be a miracle~

yes it has been

I'm glad to hear the tic has improved for you.

Some just come and go. My son has certainly experienced this.

For him stresses seem to make this one show up and it takes time to work its course before leaving again.

PJK