Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hello there all you twitchers

Default hello there all you twitchers

Hi my name is Zoii and I have tourettes. Started when I was about 7 with minor twitches and at the age of 11 the head bobing came and stayed. I'm now 36 and it's so unfortunate that something like this was not around for my parents who were quite embaressed when I could not stop when told. The twitching is worse when under stress and not so bad if busy. I own a horse breeding business that keeps me on the go and my stress levels down (otherwise the horses will feel it). Both my son and daughter (8&11) have developed the symptoms and I hope that being here will help with any senario that may arise now that they will get "noticed". Hopefully with a strong support system they can get throught the teen years with out too much heart ache. As for now they don't care, they tell people "I have a habit like my mom".

Hi Zoii, :D

Welcome to the TSFC Forum! I'm glad you found us.

I hope that you take the time to look around the Forum and the rest of the website as we have sections for Adults and Parents which you will find others to trade stories with and ask questions.

It's great to hear that your kids appear to have a good attitude towards their own possible disorder and I am sure that many of the other parents here will tell you that a strong support system can make all the difference in the world.

If you are interested in having your children undergo a formal diagnosis you may wish to contact us here at the National Office (1-800-361-3120) and I can give you the number to a clinic or facility in your area, provided there is one. You may also wish to get in touch with your local Affiliate, again provided there is one, so that you can attend their events and grow that support system.

Hi Zoii,

Welcome to the TSFC Forum and we are happy to meet you.

Many adults with TS do not know that their habits have a name until they are much older because of the lack of medical knowledge but thankfully our health care system has changed and you can seek out a diagnosis for you or your daughters from MD's with knowledge of TS.

My husband and son has TS and my son says that he tics just like his Dad. Later when your daughters become teens then they can join our teen forum and talk with peers about TS.

We have many discussions so please jump into any that you want and here on the forum, you can always start a new discussion.

Let us know how we can help your family.

this will probably sound weird coming from me but keep up the good work

Welcome Zoii

Glad you found us. Stick around and check out the various topics for parents as well as for adults with TS.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Welcome Zoii:

I am glad you found us and it sounds like you already have provided a great support network for your children.

If we can be of any assistance just let us know.

The parent section and tic parade are great resources for you and you can ask any question on this forum. It is also a great place to vent and bounce ideas/questions around.

Look forward to your participation and take care.
    PJK

Welcome Welcome
    See ya around!
    ~Alley