Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Holiday Spin out

Default Holiday Spin out

Does your child spin & buzz through the two week holiday while school is out?

Does scheduling make a difference? Have you seen sleep pattern changes?

We have had a hard time keeping our's balanced and busy through this time off from school and wonder what to look forward too once he returns.

Does anyone have some tips that help? Or experiences they'd like to share on this topic?
    PJK

Default Re: Holiday Spin out

My kids are so content to stay home all the time. They ask every morning, "is this a stay home day?"

I'd love to hear how families manage the return to school after so much excitement.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

My three 8,11,13, are all crazy around the holidays, summer, b-days,etc.They get to have a loose schedual for part of the time and then when school is getting closser they have to settle back into rutine. I don't think that there is the perfect answer. It all depends on your kid(s). That is the beauty of this forum, you get so many ideas and you can use or adapt ones that fit in your family.
    M

So true...

Happy New Year Ticsx3, it is great to see you back.
    PJK

Wednesday is the big day for my kids. I took today - Tuesday - off and as I have gone through their unrully bookbags I had an idea...

As I cleaned them out, I filled them with new pencils and crayons and duotangs (extras bought in advance in Sept) and started talking to them about the first day of school and how great it will be to see their friends again and deciding what they will bring to show and tell this week when they get back.

This still works for my younger boys, my almost 15 year old is still lying off in bed ( 1pm Newfie time) ... one last sleep in day for him.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College